This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Facebook Ads with this system?
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:00:44 am »
http://leadcycle.co.uk/

I've been contacted by this company with a view to generating loads of new business in my own local area via Facebook Ads.
Has anyone else tried this and if so how did you get on?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Slacky

Re: Facebook Ads with this system?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 11:04:39 am »
Why would you try to generate leads in the school playground?

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:58:19 pm »
Do them yourself.

Look on udemy for a course

Only problem I've found is they have just disabled the pay per engagement option. Now it's impressions only I've found it's not as good R.O.I.

That's said I need to start  split testing ads and putting a few hundred quid into it. At the moment I've just been playing with the odd 20 quid here and there.

Klean07

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:20:51 pm »
Minimum outlay is £600 plus vat for three months commitment!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:02:33 pm »
Do them yourself.

Only problem I've found is they have just disabled the pay per engagement option. Now it's impressions only I've found it's not as good R.O.I.

That's said I need to start  split testing ads and putting a few hundred quid into it. At the moment I've just been playing with the odd 20 quid here and there.
I tried it myself a while back and never got much response but I set up three different paid adds last week, I've cancelled one and of the two that's going there pulling in completely different figures; People reached with a boosted post is 600 less than an add with a lead capture form. From that I've got two confirmed and a couple to quote so for £20 it's not bad but it would be interesting to see what a few quid would achieve.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 07:06:48 pm »
Do them yourself.

I tried it myself a while back and never got much response but I set up three different paid adds last week, I've cancelled one and of the two that's going there pulling in completely different figures; People reached with a boosted post is 600 less than an add with a lead capture form. From that I've got two confirmed and a couple to quote so for £20 it's not bad but it would be interesting to see what a few quid would achieve.

Like i said, before christmas you could pay per engagement (pay per click on your ad) i found this better than paying for impressions as  by manually posting to say 50 groups i could get a few thousand views vs paying for it only getting say 1000 views for a tenner.

i spent 20 quid last week end and got 4 enquires. unfortunately i didnt get one of them but i did quote using google maps, that said i am quite high on prices for my area, it definately could work well if i was prepared to lower my prices.
I think visiting to quote in person would work a bit better.

Yes it would be interesting to see what blowing a few hundred quid could do, ive yet to get the bottle to try it but its something i want to give a go.

Personally what i have found to work best so far is to target women, age 27-64 and to target those in a professional jobs, sales and marketting, admin et etc or with good education levels such as degrees etc. Of course its not a rule but i have found less messers generally when not targetting low earners.

Apparently video is the way to go on your adverts, but what you are doing is good, keep testing different audiences and change up your ads.

austin

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:14:42 am »
Hi i done a facebook campaign i found it a waste of money better of doing google ads

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 10:57:11 am »
Hi i done a facebook campaign i found it a waste of money better of doing google ads

I've found the total opposite.

AdWords sucks ass for window cleaning.
It's also not great for connys, pressure washing because of low search volume for these terms.

I've found it good for carpet cleaning as theres more demand, more searches and harder to rank organically.

Facebook is a great tool, think of it like leafletting.

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 11:44:27 am »
I've haven't used Facebook ads at all, but I had a look last night, just out of interest. It looks fairly doable on your own, rather than paying someone else to do it. The Udemy course is on offer for £12. I You Tubed it and there's loads of free info as well.

I used to do Adwords (might do again this year) and once you know what you are doing, it gives you a great sense of being in control of your business advertising (rather than keep phoning other people and asking them to change things).

I am guessing that Facebook advertising is like Adwords; you have to keep tweaking it to get the best out of it. Also I am guessing you can turn it on and off when you wish. I'd rather be in control of that than pay someone else.

Then there's obviously the fact that you'll save £600, but then you will have to invest some time.

Most importantly, I saw your other topic and you are expanding your services. I think once you get to grips with Facebook (and decide if it works for you) then you could do separate campaigns for windows, connies, caravans, driveways etc etc. If it were me, I would like to be in control of all that myself (if you have the time).

You may also consider Google Adwords. It worked well for me, but I am now at the stage where I am compacting my round, so I don't think Adwords is 'specific' enough. Also Google business plus has worked very well for me.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

Good luck.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 12:05:35 pm »

It's also not great for connys, pressure washing because of low search volume for these terms.

I've found it good for carpet cleaning as theres more demand, more searches and harder to rank organically.

If its low search volume you won't pay anyway. Wheres the harm in that case?

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »

If its low search volume you won't pay anyway. Wheres the harm in that case?

You might not pay but you won't get results either.

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 08:05:58 pm »
That's my week up with the facebook adds and the boosted post was crap, the lead capture add generated 4 lead forms and post reach I think was 720 but may have been 1400!.. Puzzled. From that I have 3 new custys a couple of enquiry's and some mums from the school clicking the like button! why people just click like for random things I don't know, but it'll either cause more folk to see it or cost you money.
So £20 spent and £24 confirmed so far.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 10:12:09 pm »
That's my week up with the facebook adds and the boosted post was crap, the lead capture add generated 4 lead forms and post reach I think was 720 but may have been 1400!.. Puzzled. From that I have 3 new custys a couple of enquiry's and some mums from the school clicking the like button! why people just click like for random things I don't know, but it'll either cause more folk to see it or cost you money.

Thats an excellent return £24 of repeat income (hopefully) for £20

If you pay a canvasser 3x and lose half of it think how much that costs, been there and done that numerous times!

pound for pound facebook is the way forward imo

ive just run an add for £40. picked up around the same in work, had about 9 enquirys overall, although half of them were cheapskates.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 10:27:38 am »
I have found Facebook a good tool to gain work without having to put a penny into it.

I set up my Facebook page about 6 years ago, got some 'likes' and 'shares', then I would occasionally post news or updates, which in turn would be liked and shared.

Locally there is also a Facebook  'Do You Know' page which currently has 12500+ members, which equates to around 50% of the population of the town where I live.

Among questions frequently asked is 'Does anyone know a good window cleaner' and as a direct result of this, I have picked up plenty of work. No effort, no cost. They've turned out to be decent customers too.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 10:58:22 pm »
Not a big deal but I'm kicking myself for not seeing two lead forms, one had been sent last week and the other two weeks ago. I only noticed when setting up another add... Plonker