This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike55

Buying and selling of rounds
« on: January 15, 2018, 07:59:25 pm »
Hi Chaps

As the asking prices for window cleaning rounds vary wildly,  I would be interested to hear from anyone who has bought or sold a round in recent times on what sort of price was paid. 

Particularly interested to hear from anyone down south and waterfed pole rounds.

Cheers, Mike

Plankton

Re: Buying and selling of rounds
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:04 pm »
Generally go for around 3 or 4 cleans, good work 5 cleans. Some think they'll get 10! From what I've seen those who advertise wanting 6/7 times the monthly take eventually drop the price before the add disappears. Some even want the monthly take even though it's cleaned two weekly. (That's on ladder work)
I've sold wfp work for 5/6 cleans. Different kettle of fish buying wfp work as the first clean is less hassle and the drop out rate is far less, I'd expect as much as 20% drop out buying ladder work. 
Doubt I'd pay more than four cleans for ladder work.

Marc Stock

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 01:56:58 pm »
There are many factors to consider when purchasing goodwill.

I use the following formula.

Revenue/12*9= purchase price.

So if a round has a yearly revenue of £10,000 id expect to pay no more than £7,500

Contract signed with 50% upfront and 50% on final handover. Full accounts needed to verify.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 05:00:20 pm »
I've paid 4 times the monthly value for one round, and another round i paid 8 times the value for some work.  Both were worth it, and you get what you pay for.  A solid built round is easily worth 5-8 times the value of monthly turnover from my own personal experience.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:10:46 pm »
I've paid 4 times the monthly value for one round, and another round i paid 8 times the value for some work.  Both were worth it, and you get what you pay for.  A solid built round is easily worth 5-8 times the value of monthly turnover from my own personal experience.

It’s ok if you can afford to work for up to 8 months without earning anything but how many people starting up can do that

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:41 pm »

It’s ok if you can afford to work for up to 8 months without earning anything but how many people starting up can do that

Not many. Thats the point.

Sorry but it takes years and years to build up a profitable window cleaning business.

You want the easy route in with a good round without making the effort to canvass and advertise? You have to pay.

In fact i personally think that window cleaning rounds should be valued at 1.5 times the yearly revenue.. but thats never going to happen.

Og

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 09:28:08 pm »
Unless the clients are tied into a contract then surely the work is worth very little?

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 10:02:50 pm »
Unless the clients are tied into a contract then surely the work is worth very little?

Exactly, all you are buying is good will and that can evaporate very quickly and you are left with no work and have paid out thousands

Walter Mitty

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 04:51:44 am »
My own experiences with buying work have not been good.  I once paid 5x monthly for some well-priced work. The problem was that the customers had been spoilt rotten and expected the same from me (the guy could afford to do it as he had a full-time shift job elsewhere).  Their expectations meant that it was mainly unviable, so I only kept a few of the better jobs.  A similar thing when I only paid 2x a while back.  Over time, with cancellations and me dropping some, I've kept about half of it.  There is always dross mixed in with reasonable work.  I've found that it's far better to go out there, get your own work, then you can set out your stall from the start.  You can also choose where to canvass and which types of house to avoid (usually those with access and parking issues).

jonboywalton75

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 07:40:22 am »

Not as easy as that

I left an ICI shift job with good pay and spent £6,000 on a few rounds
Worth every last penny.
All rounds are not equal though

Mike55

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 05:37:54 pm »
Thanks for the input guys.

Marc Stock

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 06:45:37 pm »
If you keep your round well serviced  well priced and well planned there is every chance its worth at least 9x.

Always do the due diligence. Check accounts, verify customer satisfaction and always sign a contract on handover.