Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanability

Landline number or not
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:59:43 pm »
I've always put a landline number and a mobile number on all my advertising...but.............would just having a mobile number say anything about your company to a prospective customer.  I've always thought mobile only says dodgy, fly by night, untraceable type of company. But havent things changed now with everyone having a mobile even pensioners. Would save me a fortune in phone bills if I did drop my landlines. Any thoughts out there?

Chris

neil 47

Re: Landline number or not
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:53:40 pm »
I have 3 nos
Landline 65%
Freephone 30%.         
Mobile 5%

My phone bill and other 2 cost me £62 a month which in the grand scheme of things is nothing
IICRC

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 05:22:40 pm »
Whilst mobile may no longer give off the “dodgy” feeling I would still keep the landline partly because it probably still says something about you length of time in business, it can impart that you are a bigger company (and therefore more successful) than a one-man band but mainly

Because you may just stand out more compared to the competition..

(Perhaps consider going for a virtual landline instead.)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:44 pm »
I have an 0800 number (which was my landline) and my mobile number showing.

So on my website 0800 number and my mobile, either way, I'll pickup the calls.  60%  0800 and 40% mobile.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:36:12 pm »
Mobile numbers are horrible to get jobs from as customers ask for prices but don’t want to be sold to also they don’t show any emotional involvement and cancel without any emotional involvement, I had job on Saturday who by default had gotten hold of my mobile and booked a week ago and then cancelled at 6.30 Friday night also I’ve had one cancel by text at 3.00am.

jeff1966

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:57 am »
Since I started out in 2001 I had landline, 0800 & mobile.In March last year, I cancelled my 0800 number& my virgin account with call diversion saving £70 a month.I still have my landline tel number which was taken over by Virtual landline.All my landline calls are now diverted to my mobile for just £6.50 a month.