This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

callum99

2 man set up
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:40:06 pm »
Could anyone tell me the best way to run one, would it be okay just to put a y piece splitter after the pump and filter and connecting to separate reels, or would i need separate pumps batteries and fitters,, can't decide,, thanks Kevin.

Splash & dash

Re: 2 man set up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:42:49 pm »
Could anyone tell me the best way to run one, would it be okay just to put a y piece splitter after the pump and filter and connecting to separate reels, or would i need separate pumps batteries and fitters,, can't decide,, thanks Kevin.

Separate pumps is best as the lowest pole will get more water than the higher one but it will work

Slash

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 08:54:50 pm »
I have a Y piece after the pump and connect two reels,I run the pump twice the power when two reels are in operation and never had any problems but when one operator stops you notice the increase but works really well.

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »
I had 2 man 1 pump for years and it does work fine, but now I have 2 pumps i would never go back.

Its ok and works good enough if it's your only option, but if you tried both ways for a week each you would not consider the 1 pump scenario.

The variation in flow when 1 user switches off to the other is enough to drive you crazy, and its good to have 2 pumps on board if 1 go's down.

andyM

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:38:18 pm »
I'd recommend doing it the right way from the start:
2 pumps, 2 controllers, 2 hose reels and a minimum 110 amp leisure battery.
One of the Plebs

johnny bravo

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:44:18 am »
i had both lots, but 1 110 leisure battery  + 1 van battery i had spare after getting a new one 4 my van,   
i think your 1 battery will need charging up every other day,  where 1 each will last a couple of days each.   just add it onto your outgoings in your accounts .  Especially with 2 set ups if 1 goes dead you have the other as back up.,  at least you will still be able to wiork.