This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A.E.C

Scratched glass. Unger 10cm scraper blades at fault
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:33:08 pm »
Anyone else had problems with the 10 cm Unger scraper blades . I have found even with light use bits are chipping off the blade edge.
scraped off sticky tape circles used to hold up shop posters, It is like sellotape residue  but softer. All tape was soft as shop posters changed monthly and in a mall so no sun to bake it on  but still the Unger blades chipped. It has come to light that on a previous job I caused quite a bit of damage due to this brand of blade . Note this is the 10 cm scraper that can attach to your extension pole not the pocket version. HAS ANY OF YOU  HAD ISSUES LIKE THIS. :-\

P @ F

Re: Scratched glass. Unger 10cm scraper blades at fault
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 08:17:23 pm »
I assume that you were soaping up the area to be scraped , its not a thing i have ever heard of unless using on tougher stuff like cement .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:35:27 am »
Make sure you buy the stainless steel ones they do the other option you might have although saying hey I have had a bad batch in the past,as said make sure you soap the window well first.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 12:52:14 pm »
I use the stainless steel blades with the unger ninja scraper. Best scraper I've ever used. No rusty blades or chipping.

I've never had a problem with these scrapers.miles better than pocket  ones or cheaper versions.you can angle the razor too.
price higher/work harder!