This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: how much diesel do you put in your van a month?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2018, 06:16:09 pm »
No more than £15 a week , which is nice  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Frankybadboy

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 06:57:02 pm »
Daz get that all back cause he cleans that much quicker now  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »

Ps: They used to dip fuel tanks to check for red diesel but now the can check for red staining in the engine, so if the previous owner of your vehicle  used red it will still show that the van has used red diesel even if you have never used it

There's a cure for that...........
http://www.dieseldye.com/
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 09:04:47 pm »
A question - can you use Red diesel (40p per litre?)  in diesel water heaters - a) legally with a separate tank b) will the red diesel meet the specifications grade wise. Also Diesel generators - maybe for gutter vacs etc?

I don't have a diesel heater and I use about £80 a month for driving about 450 miles.

The answer is yes you can.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 10:59:29 pm »
A question - can you use Red diesel (40p per litre?)  in diesel water heaters - a) legally with a separate tank b) will the red diesel meet the specifications grade wise. Also Diesel generators - maybe for gutter vacs etc?

I don't have a diesel heater and I use about £80 a month for driving about 450 miles.

You are right yes you can but it will void the warranty and inevitably cost you a lot of money in replacement screens , lost time off work getting it fixed , not worth the hassle in my book
The answer is yes you can.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 10:16:41 am »
I do about 300 every month sometimes just over I’m also doing about 4-500 miles a week.

MNWC

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 07:52:44 pm »
One of my custys is a chemist he said red is exactly the same as white diesel only with a permanent red dye. He also said you can buy a white dye...... ;) ;) :-X :-X

Spruce

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 08:18:59 pm »
One of my custys is a chemist he said red is exactly the same as white diesel only with a permanent red dye. He also said you can buy a white dye...... ;) ;) :-X :-X

My understanding is that he is partially right. Since 2011 and 2013 the regulations changed with regard to the supply of diesel to inland marinas and other allowable uses - farm equipment and stationary engines.

The regulations do not include marinas where boats are ocean going so that fuel is still rubbish and will coke up diesel heaters.

http://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/regulations/Pages/red-diesel.aspx

As for inland marinas the fuel they are now supplying seems to have made a difference to the boats using Webasto diesel heaters for heating by live aboards as there have been very few complaints since 2011.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 08:43:24 pm »

My understanding is that he is partially right. Since 2011 and 2013 the regulations changed with regard to the supply of diesel to inland marinas and other allowable uses - farm equipment and stationary engines.

The regulations do not include marinas where boats are ocean going so that fuel is still rubbish and will coke up diesel heaters.

http://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-advice/regulations/Pages/red-diesel.aspx

As for inland marinas the fuel they are now supplying seems to have made a difference to the boats using Webasto diesel heaters for heating by live aboards as there have been very few complaints since 2011.

Yes we are on the coast and the red diesel in the marina s hear causes no end of problems my mate gets fed up sorting wabasto heaters out that are coked up beacause of red

Og

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:26 pm »
About £250 a month.

I was dipped by hmrc just yesterday.