Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thieving little tramps
« on: January 08, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »
Transit vans are being targeted by thieves the length and breadth of the country be on your guard. Mine was taken on 4/1/18 along with all my equipment.

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Thieving little tramps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:17 pm »
Sorry to hear that. How did they take it?

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:08 am »
Some kind of magic key

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 07:28:51 am »
(Slightly related to this topic)

Transit vans are very popular with the traveller community, although on the whole travellers are honest, hard working individuals like the rest of  society  there are some rogues amoungst there numbers.

The transiant nature of there existence allow the minipulation of various vehicle loopholes eg; multiple use of the same number plate and owner name to bypass insurance and road tax.

Also a flourishing market in the sale of used transit van parts, if there is a vast number of transit vans used then these van will need serviceing and repairs. so you can go to Ford and buy a new gearbox or you can steal a full van  and have a limitless supply of free parts.

This in not a victimisation or racist comment about a travellers just my own family’s Experiance of the situation ( my bother and his 2 sons live the traveller lifestyle)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:43:59 pm »
Terrible - Derek how are you coping - do you have work booked in? Do you use Host machines? Can any of us help lending some kit.

Real crap situation which we could all be in at some point.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:56 pm »
I’ve ordered a new host reliant, and Alltec advance 600 could have severely done without the expense. Just have to source a van next but it won’t be a ford.

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 08:27:25 pm »
My mates transit got stolen he is a painter and decorator police told him the engines are going straight in to certain taxis.

David Ware

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 02:42:27 am »
Sorry to here about your loss.  I had a van and all my cleaning equipment stolen years ago.  Steering wheel lock ( disc lock ) are good, tracker devises are now cheap to buy and vehicle alarms are a added item.
Most stolen vehicles are left not to far from where they are stolen to see if tracker is fitted and moved after a few days. Have a good ride around your area and post on your local FB page and ask people to share. Hope you have some luck
David

Steve_Knight

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 09:08:12 am »
Hi Derek
Sorry to hear this.

Last year i went to a Mercedes Van Day and this company was there demonstrating a tracking system.

www.cantrack.com

Take a look at the site........Very impressive.

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 04:21:46 pm »
Just back from a 6 mile walk to town and back and could have easily stolen 3 cars(all left running while their drivers were doing other important things.........no passengers in them either).Last time i did that walk last week i could have had a 15 plate audi a3 outside a cashpoint no bother.Parcel deliveries are easy too as so many just leave their vans running.Thinking of going into vehicle theft as its just so easy.......i dont know why people bother with secure vehicles when there are people who are so dumb they will deliver it to you....sorry to  hear about the stolen van its more than annoying.....................rant over.................Alan(swindon)