This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

What do you wear on really cold but dry days?
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »
So today felt cold at 8 am. The Met office told me it was + 2 degrees, very cloudy, wind ENE speed of 12 mph, "feels like temperature"  minus 3 degrees.

Although it could easily have been colder - it felt very cold to me. But workable and no freezing issues.

Obviously I am known to my customers as a fashion and style icon  normally.  ;D But for me today it was long sleeve thermals top and bottom - work short sleeved polo shirt and cargoes - work jacket - hi viz showerproof non padded 3/4 length coat - long socks and trainers.

Topped off with peaked North Face waterproof lined hat that covered my ears and a beanie on top of that.

To start I broke out the lined UPVC gauntlets but later dropped them for the improved dexterity of general purpose workgloves with cotton material backs and rubber faces.

I was quite toasty actually.
It's a game of three halves!

Missing Link

Re: What do you wear on really cold but dry days?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »
Similar; lots of layers.  I've a kind of scarf - a 'buff' - which I also wear. 

I've thermal waterproof gloves too, but my finger tips were still a bit cold this morning.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 04:01:03 pm »
You poor love Tosh.  :D

Actually I forgot to take it but I've a thin tube thingummy I wear round my neck on my motorbike or cycling when it's cold. That helps.

You got an immersion?
It's a game of three halves!

alank

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
One piece thermals the type the cowboys used to wear in the old westerns they are warm as toast best thermal base layer I've ever had. ;D

Slash

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 04:56:29 pm »
I wear a mankini like Borat but a red one,I look well fit ;D

tlwcs

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 05:02:07 pm »
A roll neck base layer and a buffalo special six shirt. (It's not a shirt, google it)
A firearms officer recommended the buffalo, superb quality kit made in Sheffield
Never been cold with this set up

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:13:20 pm »
black waterproof hiking pants from decathlon.absolutely great.they keep me warm,dry and their only £40.caterpillar "composite toe"waterproof boots and thick socks,polo shirt,fleece,goretex jacket,deer stalker hat,showa 377 gloves with nitrile glove liners underneath.very toasty.

no excuses to not be out working! :) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 05:22:03 pm »
2 T shirts, 2 jumpers, sleeveless work jacket, woolly hat, my usual work trousers. No gloves, I can't get on with them as they get too wet when I put them in my water bucket and wreak havoc when detailing! Plus my hands are warm enough to work comfortably once the numbness goes!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

andyM

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:03 pm »
black waterproof hiking pants from decathlon.absolutely great.they keep me warm,dry and their only £40.caterpillar "composite toe"waterproof boots and thick socks,polo shirt,fleece,goretex jacket,deer stalker hat,showa 377 gloves with nitrile glove liners underneath.very toasty.

Have you tried the Skytec Argon gloves Daz?
They are lovely and warm on a day like today.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/skytec-argon-thermal-grip-gloves-black-large/76311
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 05:33:55 pm »

Have you tried the Skytec Argon gloves Daz?
They are lovely and warm on a day like today.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/skytec-argon-thermal-grip-gloves-black-large/76311

yep andy.i do have a couple of pairs in the van as well as the showas! :)
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »
Thermals, fleece wastecoat, embroidered hoodie (smarter than it sounds), motorbike scarf thin, Mountain Warehouse lined trousers, 2 pair socks (one thin, one thick), black boots I got from Clarkes (extremely comfortable and waterproof, let's hope they last), Showa 282 temres gloves when it's really cold (don't really bother with gloves). Baseball cap cause i'm a bit bald and it keeps the low sun out of my eyes. I've gone with the hoodie this year and I love the fact that when the wind blows you can simply put the hood up over my baseball cap.

Don't get many walk ups though...funny that!   ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 06:14:51 pm »
Today -2 at 8am.

Boxer shorts
2 pairs thick socks
Long John thermals & Top
Cargo work trousers
Polo T shirt
Jumper
Fleece
Hat
Gloves
Boots - fleece lined fishing boots, i have 2 pairs both under 20 quid and spot on for this weather.

with gloves ive tried allsorts, cant find any waterproof or warm enough so last few weeks i have taken to wearing a cheap pair of cotton gloves then putting those doctor type latex gloves over the top, they rip eventually but just replace, found them spot on for waterproof and warmth lately.

If my other Lidl fleece lined work trousers were not in the wash i would wear these without the thermals underneath.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 06:31:51 pm »
me birthday suit  ;D ;D ;D

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 07:07:20 pm »
Muck boots.

Crag hopper thermal trousers.

Special 6 shirt buffalo systems.

Pants, socks, thermal long sleeve top maybe thermal leggings. :)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 08:39:47 pm »
A roll neck base layer and a buffalo special six shirt. (It's not a shirt, google it)
A firearms officer recommended the buffalo, superb quality kit made in Sheffield
Never been cold with this set up

top choice

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 08:59:34 pm »

Got those decathlon trousers too, they're  ace. Also recommend their fleece lined walking boots too - didn't expect too much from them for £44 but nearly 3 months on and I'd have to say they're the best boots I've bought for work. So light and comfortable, my feet have stayed warm and dry .

JandS

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 09:53:01 pm »
Best thing I bought this year was some Muck boots....the ankle boot type.
Cargo pants only because my legs never seem to get cold.
T shirt, Helly Hansen fleece and if needed sweatshirt over that.
Wool hat if required and gloves as a last resort.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

lal

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 10:04:21 pm »
Best thing I bought this year was some Muck boots....the ankle boot type.
Cargo pants only because my legs never seem to get cold.
T shirt, Helly Hansen fleece and if needed sweatshirt over that.
Wool hat if required and gloves as a last resort.

I bought some Muck boots ankle boot type some months back, have to agree with you, they are brilliant, totally
 waterproof and warm, best footwear for wfp I've ever bought.

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 10:08:48 pm »
Dickies fleece lined steel toe and footplate rubber waterproof wellies.

Scrufs work trousers with a pair of tight velour jogging bottoms underneath, tucked into thick wool socks.

Polo shirt  & vest.

Draper black puffer jacket..very warm.

Thinsulate 3m wollie.. and i have waterproof.overalls to go over all this if needed.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 10:12:25 pm »
My normal dunlop work trousers, thick pair of socks.   A thermal base layer top and t-shirt, followed by a thick white long neck jumper, which is then covered over by my fleece jacket with my logo and name on it.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk