This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Og

Re: The follow through
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2018, 07:11:41 pm »
Put your time into getting more work instead. And crap on his bbq.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 07:13:06 pm »
I think he stands a chance:

and here we are, he has disputed it with a few reasons.
1/ we dont have a written contract and that i was tresspassing on his property as he did not agree to me being on his property that day
2/ he returned home 2 weeks after i cleaned and doesnt think that i did a good job
3/ his daughter was in all week and did not see me so doesnt believe i turned up and i didnt leave an invoice (i did)

1.  He has agreed to a 4 weekly clean , you have it on facebook, so it's written down somewhere (god I hate facebook!)
2. He returned home and 'doesn't think I did a good job' or DID NOT CLEAN! These are two completely different issues and you need to be sure on this.
3. So his daughter stayed in for the whole week looking out the windows!  Adam do you have work sheets to show you were in the area during the day you say you cleaned? Also did you clean the neighbours and have proof of their payments.

Good job I can touch type!  ::)roll
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »

Yeh, it's not really worth it is it.

In future I think petty revenge would be better and probably more satisfying.

Marc Stock

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 07:41:04 pm »
Just forget it anyway.

Steve Newres

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 08:16:11 pm »
Just forget it anyway.
Having gone down this route (daft for £12) he may as well see it through.

If the guy has said in writing he will pay it, he’ll lose as he’s admitted he owes it.  To then claim it wasn’t done, bad job, not agreed is daft having said he’ll pay.

Johnny B

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:45 pm »

Yeh, it's not really worth it is it.

In future I think petty revenge would be better and probably more satisfying.

To me, the sweetest revenge is doing nothing, except for carrying on doing their neighbours' windows month in, month out, while they watch you from theirs with increasing difficulty as the dirt/bird poo/eggs etc builds up on them and with no-one to turn to to mug off!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kikjason

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 09:06:21 pm »
I wouldn't. Waste my time of a debt that small... Win some lose some.,

chopsie

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 09:26:33 pm »
Couldn't you make a copy of the small s claim court letter that they send out and edit it to use in the future to 'scare' non payers into paying you what they owe plus add the additional fees so you make extra money on it rather than potentially losing the 25 quid?
chopsie

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 10:33:20 pm »
every time someone doesnt pay or any perceived "bad luck" you get from time to time just think of the customers who gave you extra at xmas(or at any time of year!) or when you got a bargain on a product or item when shopping etc.....you ll find that everything balances out in the long run for most of us....
price higher/work harder!

Gringo

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 11:57:12 am »
I agree with Dazmond Adam, I'm usually £50-£100 down over the year with people moving , can't get paid dying or other unforeseen, but I've been paid over £200 in Xmas tips, you may get your £12 back with costs but you'll miss a days pay and with the aggro n stress you have gone through would you do again for £12, way I see it with Xmas tips your decent customers are making sure you get monies owed by paying bit extra at end of year so your not out of pocket.

keyser soze

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2018, 12:18:32 pm »
If he said hell pay ..the court will take that has binding .. been there done that .. if a court sees a text message saying he will send the payment .. thats all you need .... pursue

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 12:21:25 pm »
the local water company near me made a balls up with the new water meters they put in a few years ago.my neighbour was getting my water bill instead of me and i was getting hers!(for around 4 years!)the property was empty for 2 of them so i hardly paid anything for 2 years and the other 2 were around £200 per year!so i reckon ive saved myself over £1,500 on my water bill over them 4 years! ;D ;D

I didnt have to pay them back either as they acknowledged that it was their fault...which was nice of them! ;D

price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2018, 02:18:20 pm »
I've not read all of the replies but I would pursue it since you got the ball rolling. Hes contesting it on the basis that it wont go any further.
You both agreed to have the windows cleaned and the excuse of trespassing is nonsense.
However if it goes to court the only problem I can see is that you've always had a response before you cleaned them and this time you hadn't. However saying this, you have got his written consent via his initial agreement to pay for the clean and therefore agreeing to all you have done.    So I would say stickto your guns, he's hoping you wont pursue
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
If he said hell pay ..the court will take that has binding .. been there done that .. if a court sees a text message saying he will send the payment .. thats all you need .... pursue

This.

Keyser soze says he's been there done that ...
It's a game of three halves!

Steve Newres

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 03:21:50 pm »

This.

To be fair I have previously said this twice and I’ve got a degree in meeja studies.

robbo333

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 03:54:37 pm »

This.

To be fair I have previously said this twice and I’ve got a degree in meeja studies.

PMSL!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Slacky

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 06:25:47 pm »
I don't think the guy has a leg to stand on. If he agreed to your initial agreement of frequency, price etc thats it. The fact he dint respond to the text for the clean he hasn't paid for is irrelevant; there's nothing in any of the contractural terms that state he has to respond or if he doesn't that this should be construed as him not wishing to have his windows cleaned.

He has also acknowledged that he will pay, which he wouldn't have done if he wasn't happy with the quality of work. Have you evidence in any form of him suggesting that he doesn't wish to pay as the work you did wasn't good enough?

I suspect what will happen is he will make you an offer before the court date. You may be obliged to accept it if you think the judge may view your non-acceptance as being non-compromising. Judges like to see you making an effort and not filling their time unnecessarily.

Pursue it, lets see where it goes.

Take one for the team. Someones got to.

Slacky

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 06:27:47 pm »
I sued a custard earlier this year. It was for a large sum of money. She was all mouth before the court due date. Her husband was a total numpty. They paid up in full two days before the court date.

andyM

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 06:31:21 pm »
I sued a custard earlier this year. It was for a large sum of money.

So for more than 12 quid then?
Frankly I find it laughable that Adam is taking someone to court for £12.
Absolutely crazy!
One of the Plebs

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »
Aye  :)