Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Alltec Oriental Rug Citrus Burst
« on: January 02, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »
Hi,
i have got Oriental Rug Citrus Burst and Oriental Rug Cleaner.
Some questions:
1)Oriental Rug Citrus Burst is a simple prespray to use only?
2)Oriental Rug prespray is a boost (with the same function as an additive) to add to Oriental Rug Cleaner?

Today i washed a  wool rug with 300ml of Oriental Rug Cleaner and 20 ml of Oriental Rug Citrus Burst in10lt of warm water.
It's wrong?

edward coller

Re: Alltec Oriental Rug Citrus Burst
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:45:56 pm »
Hi Sergio, Happy New Year. I use Alltec Oriental Rug cleaner as a prespray, then aggitate, and then rinse out with Alltec Ultimate Master in the rinse, and generally get good results. Simon

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:35:31 pm »
Hi Edward,thanks for reply. What do you think about Oriental Rug Citrus Burst? It's a normal prespray or it's a boost for another prespray?
Another question: How do you use Alltec Ultimate Master? Do you spray and extract at the same time or before spray and then extract?

john martin

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 08:56:41 pm »
the oriental rug cleaner seems to mostly a mild surfactant mix  ....

the citrus boost version has about 10-30% orange terpene (limonene solvent )  added , as well as a water softener , a fabric softener and a bit of sanatizer

The citrus boost should work well on those dirty rugs u encounter .... but it could be either used as  a prespray on uts own ....  or to further boost  your other detergent presprays .

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 10:02:46 pm »
the oriental rug cleaner seems to mostly a mild surfactant mix  ....

the citrus boost version has about 10-30% orange terpene (limonene solvent )  added , as well as a water softener , a fabric softener and a bit of sanatizer

The citrus boost should work well on those dirty rugs u encounter .... but it could be either used as  a prespray on uts own ....  or to further boost  your other detergent presprays .
boosting method:
Correct diluition of Oriental Rug Cleaner is 500ml in 10Lt of warm water. For boost this blend, should I add the Oriental Rug Citrus  Burst to the Oriental Rug  Cleaner(for example 500 ml Rug cleaner+200ml Citrus Burst, 700ml in total in 10 lt of warm water) or should I replace it in part(300ml Oriental Rug Cleaner + 200ml Oriental Rug Citrus Burst, 500ml in total in 10 lt of warm water)?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 10:19:12 pm »
mixture ratios dont need to be exact Sergio ,  just try a few mixes and see what works for you .

Sergio

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:32:13 pm »
mixture ratios dont need to be exact Sergio ,  just try a few mixes and see what works for you .
Dear John, today i tried with 300ml Oriental Rug Cleaner + 200ml Citrus Burst in 10 Lt of warm water. The result of the cleaning was better than when the rug was new

edward coller

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 08:28:41 pm »
Hi Sergio you asked how I use Ultimate master, . I mix it in the clean tank of my extracter ,at Alltecs suggested rate, so its premixed and  wanded in and out of the rugs as a rinse and neutraliser. Simon

Sergio

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 10:06:42 pm »
Hi Sergio you asked how I use Ultimate master, . I mix it in the clean tank of my extracter ,at Alltecs suggested rate, so its premixed and  wanded in and out of the rugs as a rinse and neutraliser. Simon
Thanks Simon

Sergio

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 10:28:18 pm »
I have read excellent reviews about Prochem Powerburst. Is it safe to use it on wool oriental rugs for prespray?

Angelo

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 11:09:21 pm »
Nop is too high PH .STICK TO Alltec products and you ok .

Sergio

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 07:08:40 am »
Nop is too high PH .STICK TO Alltec products and you ok .
Hi Angelo, i often wash oriental rugs with a high pH detergent (Kemika Determoket Ph 11.3) without encountering any problems. Obviously the rinse will be acidic.

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 05:49:42 pm »
High ph products can cause cellulose browning also color bleed. It may never happen however the time it does happen may be on a very expensive irreplaceable rug. The ph scale is logarithmic which mean every step between ph levels is x 10 that means ph 11 is 10 x 10 x 10 more powerful than ph 8 which means 1000 x more powerful.
If you are cleaning oriental rugs on a regular basis a course will be invaluable. The advice you get on internet forums can sometimes be given by people who know little or less than yourself. A good person to talk to about rug cleaning is Paul Pearse he runs the rug cleaning courses at Alltec and likely knows more about rug cleaning than any other member of this forum.

*not saying all the advice on here is bad* 

Sergio

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 01:45:59 pm »
High ph products can cause cellulose browning also color bleed. It may never happen however the time it does happen may be on a very expensive irreplaceable rug. The ph scale is logarithmic which mean every step between ph levels is x 10 that means ph 11 is 10 x 10 x 10 more powerful than ph 8 which means 1000 x more powerful.
If you are cleaning oriental rugs on a regular basis a course will be invaluable. The advice you get on internet forums can sometimes be given by people who know little or less than yourself. A good person to talk to about rug cleaning is Paul Pearse he runs the rug cleaning courses at Alltec and likely knows more about rug cleaning than any other member of this forum.

*not saying all the advice on here is bad*
Who has followed courses on the washing of oriental rugs, they never use high pH detergents?