This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Water rates company
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:11:04 pm »
I have just recently moved and now own my house, before i didn’t bother to let the water supplier know I was producing water for window cleaning just wondering what is the process and is it quite straight forward to get set up

P @ F

Re: Water rates company
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:50 pm »
I have not told them in 13 years , I pay for the water , why should I !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

colin bird

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:19:41 am »
I have just recently moved and now own my house, before i didn’t bother to let the water supplier know I was producing water for window cleaning just wondering what is the process and is it quite straight forward to get set up
[/quote,
If your not on a water meter don't tell them,if you are this is what I did,I fitted a sub meter to my garage tap, when they bill me every six months I give them there meter reading and my sub meter reading,they do the sums and over the past couple of years I have saved approx £300  per year.
When I first fitted a sub meter I told them  I was a window cleaner and that I was using my garage tap to fill my tank and  no water water from that tap was  going down a drain hence the reduction of my bill,having said that I do produce my water with a van mounted ro set up ,so I do produce waste water but this is put in my pond if they ever ask any questions
I come under southern water

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 02:14:38 pm »
Inform the water co they will also require a sub meter and pictures of set up

I didn’t know this also applies to commercial and have been charged sewage return but they gave the wrong advice so getting a refund  ;D

Good job too last bill was £2500 return to sewer charge

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 10:36:07 pm »
i just called them up to ask if i could get a reduction in rates. i only had to give them my post code and then could discuss it with them without risk of any price raise for being commercial, which i was worried about.

anyway, just heard back today and they've taken 67% off my sewerage so I'm a happy chap
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 04:23:57 pm »
I have not told them in 13 years , I pay for the water , why should I !

Because your  paying  for return to sewage ! (Unless you don’t have a meter.)
Buy a water meter and fit it on the pipe that goes to your ro unit they cost as little as £15 then take pictures and ring water co they may inspect but going forward you give them the reading to compare with theirs then they deduct the sewer charge off this amount

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk