Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daniel griffiths

Non payer New
« on: December 22, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »
afternoon folks,

got problems receiving payment for an EOT i did around 10 days ago. no communication or acknowledgment from them, despite countless calls, email and facebook messages...which they have read..

2 things i am wondering... can i chase them up via the estate agent... will the estate agent get the money of them..  and if all else fails...

i have read before other carpet cleaners threatening to pump the waste water back through the letterbox,  has this ever been done lol, and is it against the law? bearing in mind they not paid?

thanks

Neil Worsnop

Re: non payer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 03:44:07 pm »
I've only had this once.  then they paid when without a receipt they couldn't get their deposit back.
If they already have a receipt or certificate of cleaning then you have little leverage over them.

I'm guessing the letting agent won't be interested. Neither you or their old tenant are important to them.

As for dirty water through the letter box I'm sure this is a myth.  Has it ever happened?  Anyway, the carpet doesn't belong to the tenant.  The new occupiers or landlord have done nothing to deserve it and there is probably a criminal damage case to be answered if you do it.  That is without getting into the health issues.

Hope you get it resolved though.

PS.  Don't you find it infuriating when you get cold called incessantly by van insurance companies when you put your details in for a quote.  Be terrible if you were to put somebody elses phone number into a few of those sites.  That's an offence also, something to do with malicious communications I think.

daniel griffiths

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 04:15:57 pm »
yes i stupidly gave them an invoice, she said we are on our way to make payment.. 
i just received a message from the husband saying the carpet still looks dirty, i replied, well your wife was over the moon with the results,  and that she was doing bank transfer..  i said unfortunately wear & tear is just that, its a cheap carpet. 
he is having another look tomorrow...

I have learned a lesson here, where is the best place to get a terms and condition form from.  This non payer is my first   

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »
EOT Cleans..... cash on completion no exceptions ( unless I personally know them) even normal jobs if the want to do BACS then I give them my debit card, they go online and pay as I wait and they print off a copy of the transaction , I do not accept “ i’ll Do it later”
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »
I agree, those who want to pay by bacs later are always ones i have to chase - never not been paid but i no longer accept bacs for anyone i don't know

Google 'solicitors letter' - cost less than a tenner i think. There are solicitors online who will send a threatening letter on your behalf and from what i am told it works well.

If they are disputing the quality of the clean thats weird, if its satisfactory to the letting agent and the tenant get their bond back then you should be paid, end of.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 07:14:35 pm »
Have a word with the letting agent and explain that you’ll put a CCJ on the property if they don’t chase the tennant

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 07:52:06 pm »
I wouldn't say stuff to the letting agent i didn't100% mean - just makes you look like a muppet

A ccj involves costs and its whether you have enough of a case to get it to court. You'll end up looking like a muppet to the agent and the customer - like someone throwing their dummy out the pram without actually going through with any of it.

If the clean is good enough to get the bond sorted thats admition you are owed the money. By all means speak to the agent and confirm that.

Find out if you can the tenants new address and go round and face them out, nothing better than face to face to get to the crux of a resolution.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 09:08:46 pm »
If the tenant arranged the clean and you were dealing with the tenant then it has absolutely nothing to do with the landlord or letting agent as they did not request the work.

You would get payment through small claims no problem if you have their full details and records of the work being carried out however if they have  moved out and buggered off without leaving you a forwarding address you are screwed.

daniel griffiths

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 12:10:27 am »
thanks for the advice folks,

where could i get a terms and conditions template made? thanks

AJB

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 07:26:11 am »
All EOT I do are cash on completion if the tenant arranged it.
Nobody gets a receipt until I'm paid, unless payment is arranged
from the deposit via the letting agent, I do this a lot.
Many years ago I did fill the bucket with extremely dirty water
from the tank and carry it back into a house and threaten to return
their dirt and water back to the carpet, that resulted in them threatening
to call the police which I offered my phone for, I did get paid.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

cleanability

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 05:51:40 pm »
Just to go off the main point...but............in 20 years of carpet cleaning the worst non payers or hard to get money off are builders and "travellers" ( I would like to call them something else) in my experience and the latter being the gold medal winners of this category by a country mile  ;D ;D ;D

Chris

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 08:34:39 pm »
I once had one of these and the woman actually worked at another estate agents and she moved 200 miles. No response to emails or texts.
I went into the agents where the property was rented and asked for the forwarding address which they wouldn’t give me. I said to the agents, let this batch know that I will be taking her to court for payment emidiately. The agent called the woman while I was standing there and told her. I got payed the next day.

If you involve the agent, its a little like naming and shaming. If you don’t get payed in the next few days I would send them an email to the effect ‘’If payment not received by say 29th, you will start legal proceedings without further notice. You can apply this to the address where you did the work and they will still get a CCJ against them.

If you want me to dig out a letter which you can send them let me know and I’ll put it on here.

gwrightson

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2017, 09:32:26 am »
Just to go off the main point...but............in 20 years of carpet cleaning the worst non payers or hard to get money off are builders and "travellers" ( I would like to call them something else) in my experience and the latter being the gold medal winners of this category by a country mile  ;D ;D ;D

Chris

Never ever had a problem with travellers, always paid the asking price ,always cash on completion and the majority of their homes are immaculate .

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

*Hector*

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 09:42:52 am »
Just find out where they have moved to....

Go and knock on the door and ask for the money... If they um and err about it...

Shoot them....   :o :o

then shoot their pets, and then anyone who may have seen you....  :o :o

You may not get the money,but you will feel better!!!!!   8) 8) ;)

;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(