Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Do you know this oriental rug?
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:42:38 pm »
An oriental rug like this one

This one

They are 2 examples of Islamabad from Pakistan. This type of ierntal rug is very common in my country.
The Pakistani sellers say this rug is made of wool and silk,  where silk is the light part of the carpet. In my opinion it is a fraud! In my opinion the light part of the rug is cotton.
I have difficulty washing these rugs.  After washing, the light part is not soft and and the aesthetic result is not the best.
I usually wash these rugs with a woolsafe prespray (Prochem Prespray Gold) and rinse with an acid rinse.
Where is the error?

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Do you know this oriental rug?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 12:10:23 am »
The error is where you said ‘’ierntal’’.

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:55:19 am »
Hello Sergio,
If the white fibres go hard after cleaning they are almost certainly viscose rayon which is risky to wet clean. Pile damage is likely (fibre going hard and distorted) and dye bleed into viscose from the other fibres is another risk due to differing rates of drying. As the viscose dries it could pull surrounding dyes into itself or vice versa.  Viscose rayon is often referred to a fake or faux silk, but silk it ain’t. Be careful with it.
Nobby

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:18:55 pm »
We have a product to restore the softness to Viscose fibres when they have been hardened by water. You just mist on and groom with a soft brush.
http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=50049907

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »
Thanks Nobby and John!!

Does anyone know where to buy this brush in Europe?

http://www.jondon.com/velvet-brush.html

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 07:37:55 pm »
I’m pretty sure Alltec do

Shaun_Ashmore

Sergio

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 08:38:55 pm »
Sergio - sign up to the Cleantalk forum - they have a specific forum for rugs and a guy on there who has a massive amount of experience of them, its amazing the information he will tell you about a certain rug normally just by seeing the images of it