Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Moulding

Flyer distribution
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:42:05 pm »
Hi guys
I've just started my a business a cup le month doing friends and familys carpets. I am now a little later then planned with getting my flyers they should be here within 3 to 5 days. Was planning on having them for the beginning of December. My dilemma now is to either have them distributed straight away around the Xmas and new year time, where I feel everyone will be stressed and busy or to wait until the 1st week of January. Any advice....

Thanks

edward coller

Re: Flyer distribution
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:15:51 pm »
Personaly I  would be getting them out 1st week Jan , which I will be doing myself... Lots going on for people in next few weeks.. Happy Christmas. SDimon

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:50:18 pm »
On the other hand, December is probably still the busiest month of the year for most carpet cleaners. And if you’ve just started you may be surprised at just how many people may phone you on 23rd December asking if they are too late to book a carpet cleaning job in.

January on the other hand is definitely quieter although yo u do pick up the jobs where people have taken down their decorations and realise their carpets are in a mess from the festivities. And February can be even quieter as the bills from Christmas come in during January and need to be paid during February.

Once you’ve got a more established business these highs and lows can often tend to smooth themselves out.

So there you go, two totally contradictionary viewpoints. Take your pick.

It’s great being a carpet cleaner. ;D

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 10:01:39 pm »
Better being an ‘ex carpet cleaner’ ha ha

Providing the weather is kind January can be a decent month February is usually tougher im hoping to be in sunnier climes by then.

Curry calling?

wayne zabel

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 10:52:59 pm »
At the rate of 1 job per 1000 leaflets posted is this really worth it.I haven't done a leaflet drop for years apart from 10 either side of a job I've just done.

If I get really quiet in Jan/Feb I might go out and do an hour but I will have to be desperate and do it as a keep fit exercise

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 01:30:06 pm »
Better being an ‘ex carpet cleaner’ ha ha

Providing the weather is kind January can be a decent month February is usually tougher im hoping to be in sunnier climes by then.

Curry calling?

Ho ho ho.

And .......

Yes!

Will the sunnier climes be when you’re over this side of the Pennines having a curry?
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 08:24:23 pm »
As the saying goes ‘it always rains in Manchester’  ;D