Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Prochem Chemicals
« on: December 13, 2017, 06:20:28 am »
Hello,
i'm sorry for my bad english.
My job is to wash wool oriental rugs. I have tried two prochem chemicals for prespray:

Prespray Gold
Multi Pro

I have a lot of satisfactions with Multi Pro, Prespray Gold is a bit weak

Now I'm intrigued by the Prochem powerburst because I read that it is very strong.  It could be useful when I wash carpets with very light colors and that are very dirty.

Can i use it with cold water?

If it is not suitable for wool, what is the strongest prespray in commerce you know?

Thanks

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Prochem Chemicals
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:34:28 pm »
ok two schools of thought here...

Powerburst is great, i use it , and like it, bit stong all the time though and mainly on oily or greasy carpets, can leave some spots, however its 100% unsuitable for wool, you could use it, and then acid rinse, however that might damage the wool.. I see that as "you wouldn't wash your face in bleach and then chuck acid over it to level it out".. Prespray gold isn't actually too bad, but it's weak as its neutral, there are other brands, but again maybe a bit string, I was initially told that you shouldn't really use anything more than ph8 oh wool.  I'm going to try woolmaster by chemspec this week, i'll let you know how it goes :)

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:21:54 pm »
ok two schools of thought here...

Powerburst is great, i use it , and like it, bit stong all the time though and mainly on oily or greasy carpets, can leave some spots, however its 100% unsuitable for wool, you could use it, and then acid rinse, however that might damage the wool.. I see that as "you wouldn't wash your face in bleach and then chuck acid over it to level it out".. Prespray gold isn't actually too bad, but it's weak as its neutral, there are other brands, but again maybe a bit string, I was initially told that you shouldn't really use anything more than ph8 oh wool.  I'm going to try woolmaster by chemspec this week, i'll let you know how it goes :)
Often I wash wool carpets with detergents with pH above 10, without any problem.
For example, my prefer cleaner Prochem Multipro is 10.5 ph!
If I try to use Powerbrust on wool oriental rug, what kind of damage could I do to the wool?
I'm curious about your opinion on Woolmaster  ;D

Sorry, but i did not find Woolmaster by Chemspec. I found Woolmaster by Cleanmaster

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 12:30:55 am »
be that one i mean..

Well the high ph can change the texture of the fabrics and result in post cleaning browning. I wouldn't be happy if someone ruined the texture of my rug by using strong chems. but each to their own i suppose as long as they're happy.

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:18 am »
be that one i mean..

Well the high ph can change the texture of the fabrics and result in post cleaning browning. I wouldn't be happy if someone ruined the texture of my rug by using strong chems. but each to their own i suppose as long as they're happy.
Thanks for reply. If you lower the pH level, both in the water and in the cleaner, do you think that browning risk is possible?

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 10:45:26 am »
the closer to neutral (7) the better

step towards the acid side and your H+ ions increase x 10 each step,
step towards the acidic side and your OH- ions increase x 10 yeach step,

The H+ and OH- will combine (negative attracts positive )and forms water, which is neutral and neutralies the mix.

So basically if you use a strong alkali solution (say PH10) and then rinse with an acid rinse (PH4), then in theory it will be neutralised post rinse, however it's the damage caused to the natural fibres in that moment between rinsing (as i say, chuck some bleach on your hair for 10 minutes and then rinse it off,) and also getting the concentration of the rinse bob on. Which obv isn't always going to work unless you use exact figures.

Whereas you can use a suitable woolsafe approved cleaner which you just spray on, and rinse with water, leaving it at the correct ph with little risk of browning or damage to fibres.

Sergio

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:41 pm »
the closer to neutral (7) the better

step towards the acid side and your H+ ions increase x 10 each step,
step towards the acidic side and your OH- ions increase x 10 yeach step,

The H+ and OH- will combine (negative attracts positive )and forms water, which is neutral and neutralies the mix.

So basically if you use a strong alkali solution (say PH10) and then rinse with an acid rinse (PH4), then in theory it will be neutralised post rinse, however it's the damage caused to the natural fibres in that moment between rinsing (as i say, chuck some bleach on your hair for 10 minutes and then rinse it off,) and also getting the concentration of the rinse bob on. Which obv isn't always going to work unless you use exact figures.

Whereas you can use a suitable woolsafe approved cleaner which you just spray on, and rinse with water, leaving it at the correct ph with little risk of browning or damage to fibres.
Thanks for reply!If i use a cleaner with ph10 and i'll add acetic acid to the cleaner, the ph cleaner will decrease. It could be a solution?

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 07:00:20 pm »
Daft solution Sergio. Just use a product designed for the job. One Earth Rug and Upholstery Cleaner or Oriental Rug Shampoo from Chemspec or Oriental Rug Cleaner or Oriental Rug Shampoo from Alltec.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 10:34:30 pm »
Daft solution Sergio. Just use a product designed for the job. One Earth Rug and Upholstery Cleaner or Oriental Rug Shampoo from Chemspec or Oriental Rug Cleaner or Oriental Rug Shampoo from Alltec.

that was the point i was trying to make... much simpler to just stick to the right stuff..