Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

Urine stain colouration removal
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:30:08 pm »
Whats your go to product for removing yellowing urine stains from 80/20 twist carpet, does it ever go? Ive tried a nos and yet to find a produst that does the trick. Odour no problem, its the discolouration... Any suggestions? Simon

wayne zabel

Re: Urine stain colouration removal
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »
I have never had any success on yellowed urine on wool.I have tried urine removal products but to no avail.

I was told by an eminent trainer that there is no magical result for this and that these are permenant.

I have read on CT that MPower is the holy grail for this but have personally never found this to be so.

I always tell my customers about the limitations on these stains.Hope someone can shed more light on this problem on this thread

I

I

john martin

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:57 pm »
if its creme coloured carpet iv hidden a few small doggy stains like this  ...   oxidize it with something strong ... i use hair bleach because its the strongest thing i found ( my new HH workpants are ruined already )    extract , dry with hairdryer ....  the whiter stain if your lucky will look better that the orange one  , but chances are u ended up with a white or light yellow patch .
( found this trick from a guy on TMF )     
Put some very dilute black wool dye on a spray bottle , ( its so dilute it will be a transparent grey colour )   mist the bleached area with the dye , extract as u go and repeat till the mark sort of blends ,  somehow the grey mist visually blends with the carpet .     It might not be a perfect match up close but it often hides the stain at standing height .
Bit of trial and error involved in the above .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 04:17:55 pm »
That’s a great tip John, so by bleaching the affected area you lighten the yellowing but the dark pigment takes the sharpness or edge away I bet that’s a bit hit and miss but better than a total miss.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:38 pm »
That’s a great tip John, so by bleaching the affected area you lighten the yellowing but the dark pigment takes the sharpness or edge away I bet that’s a bit hit and miss but better than a total miss.

Yeah , thats about it , works great on little tan stains , small pet stains or pre existing bleach spots .
I always have small spray bottle of it ready to hit anything that needs it , il do a before /after pic sometime .
i just use an empty kitchen spray bottle , just get a small jar of black Jacquard wool Dye from ebay , mix a tiny bit with hot water and add a dash of vinager / citric acid or whatever u got to make the dilution a bit acidic , once mixed you can use it for weeks after .
If its something like a tan spot its good to bleach it as white as possible first .