Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Solar Steve

Lee Pryor's GoCardless Afternoon Email Thread.
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:43 pm »
Hi Everyone.

I haven't looked on here for some time, but feel I missed out when I read Lee Pryor's thread.  Seems he got some flack for talking a bit about his figures and helping other people.  What a ratbag eh? 

But why not tell others how you're doing?  I personally wouldn't do it, but I know others have in the past.

Lee, you and I have spoken business (not window cleaning necessarily, but business) on here before and I think there is mutual respect between us, so I think I might be able to ask a few questions:

1.  Your figures look impressive and lots was said about your turnover, but no one questioned you on your bottom line.  Net profit is king.  With your turnover going through the roof, what's your monthly net profit?
2.  You have set figures of £800k for next year.  I think you are underselling yourself, genuinely.  I think next year you should set sights on the big £1m.  You can do it.
3.  However, that would not be my tack.  Why not try to keep your turnover the same, or let it grow organically without any effort from you and look to increase your net profit by 5%?  That will give you a healthier business than increasing turnover.
4.  Market yourself as a 'window cleaning mentor', which is what it sounds like you are.  That's still a valuable title.  If it's not 'training', it's more mentoring.  I have been contacted by a 16 year old recently in order to become their mentor.  I don't have time to do it, but it has opened my mind to other revenue streams.....   ;)
5.  Do you have a 5 year business plan?
6.  Do you have an 'out'?  What's your plan?

If anyone else wants to pick a question to answer for themselves, that would be interesting too.   :)

I have my popcorn and 3D specs ready.   8)

Marc Stock

Re: Lee Pryor's GoCardless Afternoon Email Thread.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
****Room Empties****

Solar Steve standing in corner by watercooler on his own.

Meanwhile, everyone that left the room has moved on.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:02:31 pm »
Hi Everyone.

I haven't looked on here for some time, but feel I missed out when I read Lee Pryor's thread.  Seems he got some flack for talking a bit about his figures and helping other people.  What a ratbag eh? 

But why not tell others how you're doing?  I personally wouldn't do it, but I know others have in the past.

Lee, you and I have spoken business (not window cleaning necessarily, but business) on here before and I think there is mutual respect between us, so I think I might be able to ask a few questions:

1.  Your figures look impressive and lots was said about your turnover, but no one questioned you on your bottom line.  Net profit is king.  With your turnover going through the roof, what's your monthly net profit?
2.  You have set figures of £800k for next year.  I think you are underselling yourself, genuinely.  I think next year you should set sights on the big £1m.  You can do it.
3.  However, that would not be my tack.  Why not try to keep your turnover the same, or let it grow organically without any effort from you and look to increase your net profit by 5%?  That will give you a healthier business than increasing turnover.
4.  Market yourself as a 'window cleaning mentor', which is what it sounds like you are.  That's still a valuable title.  If it's not 'training', it's more mentoring.  I have been contacted by a 16 year old recently in order to become their mentor.  I don't have time to do it, but it has opened my mind to other revenue streams.....   ;)
5.  Do you have a 5 year business plan?
6.  Do you have an 'out'?  What's your plan?

If anyone else wants to pick a question to answer for themselves, that would be interesting too.   :)

I have my popcorn and 3D specs ready.   8)

If I answer your questions they will just be shot to bits by everyone else. I really cant be bothered on here anymore which is a shame as I did run through the answers in my mind.  Nobody cares about these answers as they wont apply to most here. After I locked my thread I decided to not be involved on this forum anymore. I am happy to read it as there are sometimes things that interest me but I wont be getting involved anymore as anything I say seems to get the same mindless response. I only wrote this as you were directly speaking to me and I dont like to ignor people.  So this might actually be last post after nearly 10 years here.

Sorry.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »
Lee.

If you believe in yourself, and believe in what your doing what other people think shouldn't come into play.

In your post you sound "down", you should be flying high!

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 10:04:34 pm »
I've not got a problem with any of the above type of threads ie the gocardless thread or ss's business talk or Marc Stocks funny room empties response :). If you make money or make mistakes then you will get some pelters but you have to take it with a pinch of salt or take it on the chin!
It's good to see people doing good but a wee bit of banter in the posts isn't bad either.

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:23:07 pm »
I would rather hang around positive, motivated people then negative, people who only criticise everything and blame everyone for their bad luck. Life can be lousy or it can be good, just depends on your outlook and mentality. I try not to let things get the better of me and stick two fingers up to negative people, boring buggers. Lee don't let them wear you down and beat you, just crack on doing what you're doing and grow a tough skin to put up with the negative criticism, turn it around and use it for inspiration.

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 10:26:42 pm »
 ;D

You need humour.

In all seriousness I do feel for Lee. I for one have said, and will continue to say that..its always the one you know?  You get dealt a bum hand but your keeping red...it could be green anytime but like a champ you refuse to go home and sacrifice the waffles..

I have no idea what the hell im saying.

Lee.. You gotta.... you know...boom and all.

Your the man

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 11:08:34 pm »
Mod edit: Please be aware of what you are posting and how this might make others feel, we are all in this together.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »
I actually would be interested in lee's answers, but I would be Interested in anyone's answers as I like that kind of chat over how many jets a brush has.

But I think lee needs to be a bit more grown up than throwing the teddy out because someone didn't like what he wrote. Who gives a monkeys, when you put yourself out there you will get shot down but if what you have to say benefits some people then that's all that matters. Can't please everyone.

I wish there was more business talk on here.

Dry Clean

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:25:39 pm »
I would rather hang around positive, motivated people then negative, people who only criticise everything and blame everyone for their bad luck. Life can be lousy or it can be good, just depends on your outlook and mentality. I try not to let things get the better of me and stick two fingers up to negative people, boring buggers. Lee don't let them wear you down and beat you, just crack on doing what you're doing and grow a tough skin to put up with the negative criticism, turn it around and use it for inspiration.

Are you for real ? Lee couldn't give a toss what you I or anybody else on here thinks of him, your either an idiot who looks up to
him or an idiot that's jealous of him.
Why do you think he started that nonsense thread about the on demand zero running costs immersion ?
If somebody disagrees with you its not negative criticism its just somebody not agreeing with you, either take it on board or dismiss it but don't whinge about it like a spoilt child.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 11:34:56 pm »
Unfortunately, if you don't lick Lee's rectum and constantly shower him in compliments he cries like a baby and plays the "victim" card..... a bit like one of those cringe worthy Facebook friends that constantly fish for compliments and seek attention. My advice to Mr Holywood wood be to grow up and man up! ::)roll

And there you have it. This is exactly what I mean, there is just no need for it. I am one of those people in life that just prefers to be nice to people.

I dont need to play a victim card, I just think its a shame that people like you have to be that way. Why not either stay off the thread or be a positive person............ I will never understand your kind of mentality. My heart just sinks every time I see your name or others that have comented on something im involved in, and thats why I am removing myself from the negative energy here. As for thick skin, well they dont come much thicker that mine, thats how I am able to do the things most cant. I dont cry like a baby i just dont get the need to bring others down.

Anyway, thats enough said. I dont need to be drawn in by you or anyone else. Thanks for making my point clear to all.

Im done

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 11:48:39 pm »
Unfortunately, if you don't lick Lee's rectum and constantly shower him in compliments he cries like a baby and plays the "victim" card..... a bit like one of those cringe worthy Facebook friends that constantly fish for compliments and seek attention. My advice to Mr Holywood wood be to grow up and man up! ::)roll

And there you have it. This is exactly what I mean, there is just no need for it. I am one of those people in life that just prefers to be nice to people.

I dont need to play a victim card, I just think its a shame that people like you have to be that way. Why not either stay off the thread or be a positive person............ I will never understand your kind of mentality. My heart just sinks every time I see your name or others that have comented on something im involved in, and thats why I am removing myself from the negative energy here. As for thick skin, well they dont come much thicker that mine, thats how I am able to do the things most cant. I dont cry like a baby i just dont get the need to bring others down.

Anyway, thats enough said. I dont need to be drawn in by you or anyone else. Thanks for making my point clear to all.

Im done

Mod edit: Please be aware of what you are posting and how this might make others feel, we are all in this together. You like to be nice to people? Ha, pull the other one... as soon as you get the slightest bit of criticism you are just as bad as anyone else on here! I am actually beggining to question the credibility of anything you post now.
Comfortably Numb!

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 12:03:13 am »

Are you for real ? Lee couldn't give a toss what you I or anybody else on here thinks of him, your either an idiot who looks up to
Why do you think he started that nonsense thread about the on demand zero running costs immersion ?
If somebody disagrees with you its not negative criticism its just somebody not agreeing with you, either take it on board or dismiss it but don't whinge about it like a spoilt child.
Just to put the record straight I don't look up to Lee and I'm certainly not jealous of him or anybody else for that matter. I don't need to prove anything to anyone or kiss anyone's backside. I'm my own boss, my mortgae is paid, I'm debt free and don't worry about much nowadays other than my health. You got nothing better to do than pick fault with us then you can go  and admire yourself in the mirror and justify your self ego as well  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 12:35:53 am »
This one’s only going one way. It has the feel of someone being on a windup,  Get you boys going.

tony day

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 04:47:43 am »

Im done
Lee " Your My Hero"

tony day

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 05:00:10 am »
This one’s only going one way. It has the feel of someone being on a windup,  Get you boys going.
I love it here!  ; >: ;D

tony day

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:38 am »

Im done
Lee " Your My Hero"
Free " Lord Pryor" The Conceited Window Cleaning Guru!

Dry Clean

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 08:37:47 am »

Just to put the record straight I don't look up to Lee and I'm certainly not jealous of him or anybody else for that matter. I don't need to prove anything to anyone or kiss anyone's backside. I'm my own boss, my mortgae is paid, I'm debt free and don't worry about much nowadays other than my health. You got nothing better to do than pick fault with us then you can go  and admire yourself in the mirror and justify your self ego as well  ;D

I was saying what Lee thinks of us not what you think of Lee plus I didn't say he was right to think it, basically what I was saying
is your words no matter how well meaning would just be smugly laughed at.

Scrimble

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 09:06:34 am »
I think most are not realising that with a large window cleaning round how much it would be to sell it all, most ask 10x per month for it, IMO Lee Pryor is a millionaire in assets with his large window cleaning business  if he was to walk away and sell it all tomorrow.

you dont need to make much net profit when your growing, the profit to be made is when the expansion stops and just enough leaflets go out to replace the cancellations, with 10x vans and 60K+ per month the figures are much more than any window cleaner sole trader will make,

johnwillan

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 09:13:26 am »
It would appear that Moderators have decided to allow personal insults to be the order of the day, such a shame.