This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Broke my brand new Comet
« on: December 10, 2017, 02:54:39 pm »
Didn't realise I had left water in it and cranked the starter and heard a crack! Water has obviously frozen inside and with me trying to start it I've cracked the pump.
Hopefully I can just replace the left hand side of the casing that's cracked but I have no idea if anything else will be damaged inside.
Gutted! :(

Plankton

Re: Broke my brand new Comet
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 04:17:23 pm »

The right hand side was fine with no fluid/ice.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:49:33 am »
Where was the machine in your van? Is everything else ok?

I’ve had a hot air blower in the van every night for the last few days, luckily I can pull it onto the drive and get an extension lead into the house.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:23 am »
It was in the van, everything else in the van is solid. I'd only bought the pump last week and fired it up to check the pressure, thought I'd drained it but on one side next to the bypass outlet obviously had water in it. Took the ends off the pump to see what was inside and accidentally drained the oil, but it looks to be only the one side that water was left in it. Maybe some  hose water ran back inside when I've tuck it away.
Facebook'ed Rutland and they'll get the replacement manifold out today. 45 bucks for the part.
It's a new van and I didn't think it was that cold until the central heating condensate pipe  froze up, so checked the van and it seamed colder inside than out. It's that cold the brakes are froze on  my wife's Golf.