Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Lawrence

Crystal Green by Prochem
« on: December 08, 2017, 08:38:56 pm »
Evening guys,

A question with regards to Crystal Green.

Can this be used as a pre-spray or does it have to be used in tank? As I heard running chems through the pump can be catastrophic?.

Also if it is an in tank cleaner how do you agitate the area first or is there no need. Or do you use a different pre-spray then extract with Crystal Green.

Only reason I ask is I saw a video the other day on another cleaners Facebook, when I asked what he used he said Crystal Green and the results in the video are outstanding. I'm currently using SPM from So lutions cornwall which is a similar Ph to CG.

edward coller

Re: Crystal Green by Prochem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:43 pm »
I have used prochem producys in tank as rinse, I happen to use Alltec Ultimate Master at moment. Personally I 99% of the time  use a prespray first and aggitate and  rinse/extract . I have been using various presprays depending on the carpet type and level of soiling. If I was posting on Facebook I would choose a bad/dirty carpet for before and afters , not my general customers , who tend to keep their lovly 80/20 wool twist carpets in good condition and dont need them smashed with heavyweight presprays. Hope this helps.. Simon

john martin

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »
crystal green has a wetting agent , surfactant , multi ingredient mix so it does the work for you  , of course its gone to be better  .... unlike spm ,  where u have do needless extra work ( agitation ) to compensate for its simplicity .

Tom Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:26:59 pm »
Would there be an issue using Crystal Green as a pre-spray then just HWE?

I always Aggitate with TM3 as I feel it revives the carpet brilliantly, it pulls the pile right back up rather than just cleaning the fibres.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 10:36:37 pm »
hey i wasnt saying dont agitate , just the crystal green should be more efficient in any situatuion agitation or not .  yeah TM3 rocks .
There is no reason not to use CG asa prespray, (its got similar ingredients as some products that might be sold as a dedicated prespray)just make it more concentrated for the prespray tank   ... then add a bit to the tank if you want .

john martin

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 10:40:46 pm »
and ... you cound mix in some of your spm no problem also , the percarbonate bleach in spm would benefit the mix 

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 04:07:19 pm »
Crystal green is great, used it today..

Sprayed some down on some trashed carpets after using Powerburst pre spray,  ( had it in tank and just sprayed using the wand),

extracted and came up really clean.

I'll sometimes rinse with water, i'll sometimes add some in tank to give it a kick..

I use either crystal green or premium clean, the engineer that fixes my machines advices these as double clean gunks up the pump head.

Glynn

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 09:45:58 pm »
Trouble is Mark, the carpet will be filthy within a week
Or appear so.
Regards
Glynn

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
I've not really had that problem, I've been back to quite a few to do other jobs afterwards and never noticed.

As i say a sprinkle in the tank, if you're using 10g per 10L and you're recovering about 9L per 10L (average room takes 20 L), then your really looking at about 2g of product across a room, hardly anything really..

Darran Pryce

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 09:39:35 am »
We have been using Pre spray gold for a good while now. Dilution rate is very good, and safe on wool.  Still add acid rinse to the tank.   Never used crystal green.   Excellent results with pre spray gold.

clive ware

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 08:45:00 pm »
ive used crystal green on and off for years.  never had a resoiling problem.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 09:25:32 pm »
ive used crystal green on and off for years.  never had a resoiling problem.

Ditto!
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way