Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seymour Sunshine

Re: New leaflets ready 4 new year
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 10:16:16 am »
I drop a few of these off at houses close to where I've done a job.

Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

TomSE

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 08:58:17 am »
I think the leaflet looks decent and covers any points people will be looking for, well done mate.

As for delivery and when to drop them etc surely follow Lee Pryor and / or David Kents advice, certain times of year, certain time of day when your in view etc all from the people who have took the chance and been there and done it.
Maximise your return from them and go from there. If you're happy maxed out as one man just refine it or if the response is really good and you have the ambition go for bigger.

I paid Jogpost to do a 17k leaflet delivery earlier this year myself after reading many reviews, although some issues and not great service it still brought in more than enough work to cover the cost.

In my opinion as well, when a customer calls to get a quote it sets out a much more professional business like service rather than knocking random doors asking to give them a price. That for me is why leaflets beat knocking personally but each to there own and it all works.

Good leaflet Nathan, well done mate.

robbo333

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 12:10:17 pm »

This design has served me well over the last few years but I fancy a change.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

AuRavelling79

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
Nice flyer Robbo.

If you fancy a change just drop item two on your tick list. It frees up so much time and reduces headaches.

:D
It's a game of three halves!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 07:46:35 am »
Do you think a local landline telephone number plus a mobile would help? Plus how about putting your address ( minus the house number) this might create trust and credibility
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 08:37:07 am »
Do you think a local landline telephone number plus a mobile would help? Plus how about putting your address ( minus the house number) this might create trust and credibility

never ever put your address on a leaflet is my advice and who uses landline numbers these days?email address maybe but not landline number.
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:56 am »

never ever put your address on a leaflet is my advice and who uses landline numbers these days?email address maybe but not landline number.

Its nothing to do with using it, a landline number links you to an address/base, as Mike said its about creating trust and credibility.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
Old people use landlines and having your address tells them you are local,  people like to use local people.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
Granville - See what you are saying mate, but I actually don't mind the texting. I clean every 8 weeks (probably runs in to 9 weeks) so 99% are happy to see me. Those with building work or holidays etc, I either do fronts only (half price) or skip. I think knowing in advance lets me book in a bit extra if I have a shortfall. Also I need unlocked gates for most of my round (and I like the money left out if possible). Anyone who messes me around is already history.

Mike - I know you have an interest in finding the perfect leaflet and I agree with both points you made about credibility.
However, I have put 'local' on the leaflet and I genuinely am local as my furthest round is about 3 miles. (I know it's all about the call to action, rather than the conversation after). Also I don't feel comfortable putting a home address on a leaflet. A business address definitely. I may on the next leaflet put 'Based in Wallisdown'.
As for my home phone, I agree with you, it does add credibility but I just don't want people phoning me up at home. I know they will call me on the mobile anyway, but it doesn't feel as 'intrusive'.
Having said that, if I were carpet cleaning or pressure/soft washing (where the initial value of the inquiry is far higher) then both would definitely go on.

PS Mike I love your 'Sorry about the noise' leaflet. What a fantastic way to turn a negative into a positive. I would have done it slightly different but I still like it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

swanson

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2017, 04:44:24 pm »

This is the one I use

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 05:41:50 pm »
Old people use landlines and having your address tells them you are local,  people like to use local people.

i dont work local and even most older people have a mobile these days.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 05:44:48 pm »

Its nothing to do with using it, a landline number links you to an address/base, as Mike said its about creating trust and credibility.

IME leaflets can sometimes cause other window cleaners grief.id rather they didnt know where i live.ive already had abusive phone calls in the past sean from delivering leaflets.