Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Question For Alex Gardiner
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2017, 12:29:29 pm »
(Sigh)

8- weekly wrote

"If you wish to carry out your threat and ban me for merely being critical of your lack of consistency then so be it."

Remind me where I said that or the substance of it please.
It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2017, 12:40:17 pm »
Dealt with Gardiners since 2010 i believe. I've had several items returned as faulty and never had a problem. Even a pole section that snapped and it was questionable if Gardiners should replace it or not. However they did, i have since broken another and the same scenario is there but I haven't contacted them this time as they were good enough to replace the first one.

I don't know about the reel or anyone else's story but there is usually more than just a "faulty" product.

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »
Hey , Clever forum name , you are not by any chance an .....Extreme user / Window pusher .....are you ?    ;D ;D
Is that the scenario we are talking about  ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Michael Peterson

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »
gardiners have alwasy been fair to me, and i have forgotton to send faulty parts back before, the only product i just never liked and broke every one i ever had was those gooseneck valves ! i hate them so much but gardiners sorted every one of them for me so what can i say

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2017, 04:58:53 pm »
Hey , Clever forum name , you are not by any chance an .....Extreme user / Window pusher .....are you ?    ;D ;D
Is that the scenario we are talking about  ;)

I am yes BUT not a regular window pusher and if i do i spin the pole round and use base cap end. It was series 2 sections snapping in the same section by the metal collar piece. It was more of a failure of the pole instead of actually snapping.

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
Yes , that is the only thing that puts me off the extreme, i am very good to my gear but dont want to try my luck for that kind of money .....One day Rodney !

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »
The new extreme series 3 i don't think you will have a problem with :)

P @ F

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2017, 05:15:49 pm »
I hear they are better , its just a shame half of my custies have not heard that WD40 does wonders for hinges  ;D ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »
I close windows all the time with my X3.  However, being forwarned by other forum members before I bought it, I take care when I do it.  I liked the idea of turning the pole around and using the butt end but have never needed to do it.  I only push forward on the pole and only ever use the slightest down force.  If a window doesn't start to move easily, I use the angle adapter to adjust the brush angle and clean it where it is.  So far so good, and ten months in, it still feels almost as good as new
It's an odd combination of more rigid but not quite as sturdy as the same length SLX but it's definitely easier to use, especially with an xtreme brush - IMHO anyway. 
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

mufcglen

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2017, 05:57:39 pm »
Another nice bit of customer service from gardiner today.
I put an order in late Thursday night expected it today but didn’t get the usual tracking code  email so sent a quick email this afternoon, less than an hour later Millie replied with info however it had already been delivered!!!
Sent her a thank you message back and keep up the good work, never once have I phoned gardiner to order something always by online ordering and emails :)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2017, 06:17:00 pm »
Alex - thinking about it can you please pass on my thanks!

I snapped a section 1 recently as i dropped the pole from some height! I called up and the lady on the phone gathered it wasn't a spare section i needed for just spares she twigged i had snapped a section. So she did her best to get it out the same day and i actually got it the next day! It was something like 20 mins before the fed ex van was due!

It was an order of just a section 1 pole for an extreme series 3

I keep forgetting to pass on my thanks! :)

so would be great if you could do that for me ( bit lazy i know lol)

p1w1

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »
Although i agree with others on their customer service it is very good and their are others just as good. This thread is starting to make me  cringe   ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2017, 06:31:02 pm »
Although i agree with others on their customer service it is very good and their are others just as good. This thread is starting to make me want to vomit  ;D

I just want a free beanie hat tbh  ;D ;D

p1w1

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »
Although i agree with others on their customer service it is very good and their are others just as good. This thread is starting to make me want to vomit  ;D

;D i changed it to cringe..vomit was probably a little ott

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2017, 06:37:18 pm »

Or a thanks for all the positive comments  :-\
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

davids3511

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »
It’s a shame that you view me and many others as problem customers

I personally have never abused any staff, the ban came after Gardiners  refunded money in good faith for a faulty reel

I sent items back at my own cost for Gardiners to inspect which was within the 12 month gurentee

They sent back replacement parts which didn’t fit correctly so we did what we could with what they provided

We waited weeks maybe even up to a month for a broken to get sorted

It would of been much easier to just replace the reel quick turn around instead of all the back and forth emails to see who was in the right or wrong

In fact we just ended up buying another one whilst the damaged reel was being inspected as it was taking so long to replace and we couldn’t afford any longer to go without due to being a reel down

And since then that claber reel has also gone down.

Yes Gardiners kit are good but not perfect they have their clause

I think Alex Gardiner seems to think that all his products are not faulty and having to pay out to replace stuff he doesn’t like

I know I’m not a one off case just somebody who feels the need to speak out about this to warn others. Hopefully this will raise awareness of Gardiners bad customer care and they will change their ways and help customers more proactively rather than cause them problems which really can be avoided

We all have business to run and have heavily invested into Gardiners equipment so when something doesn’t work it has a knock on effect on your business so needs rectifying quickly

Like I said belive who you want, I can only raise awareness .

The fact that Alex Gardiner is making out all these other people are lieing about why they have been banned speaks volumes and incorrect, Gardiners just don’t seem to want to listen and will carry on what they want to do regardless of others feelings or views

This doesn't sound right?

So what your saying is that gardiner's have messed you around, held you up, refused to help and then banned you?

I just cant see it happening, there is plenty of people on this forum that have first hand experience with gardiner's. I can recall making an incorrect order one night and after realising the next morning I called them up and they were more than happy to help rectify the order which really they didn't have to do.

You say you are trying to "raise awareness" but your actually "raising suspicion"....where did you come from....
This. I agree, I've dealt with Gardiners for years. I've had stuff break on a number of occasions and Alex has never let me down.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2017, 08:14:39 pm »

Or a thanks for all the positive comments  :-\

It has been very good to read all of the positive comments - thank you Paul for yours  :)

Good business of course is not just about being able to handle positive comments, but working with the majority of people to achieve a satisfactory outcome for them regardless of what has gone wrong or occurred.

We really try very hard to do this for all customers and appreciate the support that customers give to us even when something is less than ideal. It is sad that we have obviously not been able to do this for all of our clients all of the time, but this is the nature of business. The recent Facebook posts have brought out some of our disgruntled customers whom we thought had finished their previous Customer Service transaction with us as satisfied customers, some even emailing me to thank me personally - however their FB posts would suggest otherwise! I will be endeavouring to reach out to them all individually before we next conduct business with them to see where the divergence in 'satisfaction perception' has occurred and what we can do about it.

The internet can be a useful place for expressing opinions and experiences and it can be an education to watch the way differing opinions are expressed and received  :D - balancing this with respect and fairness is something the the CIU members seem to manage most of the time - this is where some other Social Media platforms/groups are, in my opinion, let down. I would not want to participate in a forum or group where personal attacks, foul language and abuse are considered to be valid business tools.

I have certainly learned a lot over the years from the input of the Forums and have also had weaknesses pointed out to me, both in my products and my business - Sometimes the points can be very personal  :o but if they are genuine, valid and do not have a different story behind them, then I will always look to try and learn and improve if possible. Bottom line is we are out to make money from the business of window cleaning - working with our customers is the only way of achieving this. If we have to take the step of stopping doing business with a customer this is a decision not taken lightly, but is always taken for good reasons.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 08:15:49 pm »

;D i changed it to cringe..vomit was probably a little ott

Positivity is difficult to take in large doses  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 08:18:58 pm »

Fair enough  :)

elite mike

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 09:00:12 pm »
Always had great service from Alex and  his team .
and a beanie  ;)