Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Damme good setup!
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:32:35 pm »
This has got to be the best setup for windows if you don't have the back of your van crammed with carp and you don't mind cutting a hole in the vehicle bed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsaKl0SBNck

High-Tower

Re: Damme good setup!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:30 pm »
What’s that gonna cost?

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 09:01:38 pm »
He showed it off at the window cleaning show not long back.
It does look very good, but in reality it isnt as fast as that to set up. Im guessing remote for pump on/off as well and I use safety cones still which have to be taken out  ;D
But even then it has to be quicker i suppose.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:00 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D , I have seen it all now !

Notice how it worked so well when you have to park the van in just the right place for it to work so well , never mind the fact that he blocked the whole road just to make his life a bit easier  ;D
I like the spooling bit though very clever , unlike the parking to get it to work nice !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:28:01 pm »
I like that.

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:37 pm »
That is awesome 👏

p1w1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »
This has got to be the best setup for windows if you don't have the back of your van crammed with carp and you don't mind cutting a hole in the vehicle bed.
Yeah looks great hope it can be an add on to current hd reels, not sure why i'd have my van crammed with fish though  ;D.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 09:53:43 pm »
so pretty much same as what i have got for about 12 grand less.

D.I.Y leccy reel, and van roller in floor.

if i added a £5 remote and stuck my pole on a hook at the back i have the same thing

how much is this ?

auto braking lol, slap your pole on, press reel in, when it goes tight turn the thing off, job done.

some idiot will buy it im sure

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 09:56:07 pm »
12 grand, how d'you work that out ?

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 09:57:34 pm »
12 grand, how d'you work that out ?

Just naming an over inflated price, no idea how much this will be, but it wont be worth it is my point

Pete Thompson

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 10:21:11 pm »
It’s a good idea, but a few things would put me off;

First, it’s not always possible to line up the direction you have to walk in with the back of the van. Sometimes you have to walk forwards, which is no problem if you use a reel because you just point it the way you’re working, but with this jobbie the hose is for sure going to get caught under the vans tyres.

Second, the hose gets dirty. Sure it won’t be too bad on a pristine housing estate like that in the video, but in the real world all kinds of mud, sand, dust etc sticks to it.

I reel in while holding a cloth around the hose that cleans it as it comes in. That doesn’t seem possible with that setup (and they are advertising it as a hands-free, press the button and don’t worry thing), and in my opinion, the mud and other crap is going to build up really fast in the inside of the van, exactly where you don’t want it.

Thirdly, I don’t like the idea of cutting a massive hole in the bottom of my van.

Fourthly, I don’t like these hoseless poles, tried one and didn’t like it, and it looks like a requirement for this.

Other than that, looks good.

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 10:37:54 pm »
All good points above , also what happens when yer keyfob battery goes flat and you aint got a spare , and when you pop the brand new extreme on the back of the van and reverse into a wall or get a shunt , or some scrote cuts the hose and unhooks the top and makes off with your £500 pole while you are sat at the lights  ;D

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 10:54:25 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D , I have seen it all now !

Notice how it worked so well when you have to park the van in just the right place for it to work so well , never mind the fact that he blocked the whole road just to make his life a bit easier  ;D
I like the spooling bit though very clever , unlike the parking to get it to work nice !
I preferred having the option of positioning the reel on the street but now I have a fixed reel to save on floor space and have to adjust the way I work. With this setup (through the floor) you have a lot more flexibility with no van doors getting in the way.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 11:47:46 pm »
It’s a good idea, but a few things would put me off;

First, it’s not always possible to line up the direction you have to walk in with the back of the van. Sometimes you have to walk forwards, which is no problem if you use a reel because you just point it the way you’re working, but with this jobbie the hose is for sure going to get caught under the vans tyres.

Second, the hose gets dirty. Sure it won’t be too bad on a pristine housing estate like that in the video, but in the real world all kinds of mud, sand, dust etc sticks to it.

I reel in while holding a cloth around the hose that cleans it as it comes in. That doesn’t seem possible with that setup (and they are advertising it as a hands-free, press the button and don’t worry thing), and in my opinion, the mud and other crap is going to build up really fast in the inside of the van, exactly where you don’t want it.

Thirdly, I don’t like the idea of cutting a massive hole in the bottom of my van.

Fourthly, I don’t like these hoseless poles, tried one and didn’t like it, and it looks like a requirement for this.

Other than that, looks good.

It's not always possible to face the right way but it usually is.

There's no problem using a cloth with this, you have two hands.

No problem to cut a small hole in van, if you want to you can always weld a plate back over it.

Only a requirement if you can't get the hose to pole hose coupling through the roller.

zesty

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:22:11 am »
He means you can’t use a cloth if your walking back with it reeling in Adam...

But in theory it’s a nice idea, in practice, it won’t make much difference at all to a working day. I’ve got an electric reel and don’t see how adding this would add anything speed or time wise.

simonr

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 07:47:38 am »
All good points above , also what happens when yer keyfob battery goes flat and you aint got a spare , and when you pop the brand new extreme on the back of the van and reverse into a wall or get a shunt , or some scrote cuts the hose and unhooks the top and makes off with your £500 pole while you are sat at the lights  ;D
i have rollers in the van floor  and underneath and its only a small hole needed and i either use these
 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACK-OF-3-SLIP-SLIDE-FOR-WINDOW-CLEANING-OR-GARDEN-HOSEPIPE-GUIDE-BRAND-NEW/232500989844?hash=item3622238f94:g:n5wAAOSw5HJXKyeQ
under the tyres  or when i get sick of driving over them a celebrations chocolate box cut in half and glued together does more or less the same job

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:51 am »

i wouldnt like to leave my pole dangling from the back of my van like that.pole tubes inside the van are fine.also when i reel in i use a cloth in one hand to clean the hose as i go.

i think its a case of wfp companies looking for other ways to stand out from their competitors. ;D
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 02:40:53 pm »
I’ve just fitted my van out, to my exact specifications, so I’m in love with that at the moment.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Plankton

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 03:27:08 pm »
Got any pictures... doesn't quite sound right!

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 06:51:57 pm »
I’ve just fitted my van out, to my exact specifications, so I’m in love with that at the moment.  ;D

Yeah , come on , i saw it after the paint went on , lets have a look see then  ;D