This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

Leaking connectors
« on: November 14, 2017, 04:18:18 pm »

I've used these connectors for as long as I can remember but they've developed a drip; pretty badly when the pump is switched on.

Does anyone use better connectors than either these Hoselock type or the black ones they're attached to as it's getting on my tits now.

Many thanks 😊😊
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

NWH

Re: Leaking connectors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 04:38:00 pm »
Chum bucket won’t agree but they are useless for WFP the cal setting needs to be bang on all times of the year or they’ll blow off,John guest fittings are the gold standard in our job.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:41:07 pm »
John Guest; righteo; I'll Google ghem; cheers.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:46:09 pm »
Well I've googled John Guest and they do loads of stuff; cant see anything looking like the connectors I'm using so I really need to give them a call I guess.

If you have a pic of yours that would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 04:52:48 pm »
You'll find everything you need at Gardiners: http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/john-guest-fittings.html

Here's mine on my double di static:

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »
I'm baffled. The connectors have worked without issue for as long as you can remember and because after all this time they have developed a leak so you are going to change the entire set-up to something else? I would say they have served you well. B&Q's own cheap brand- the Blue ones are the best I have used. A fiver to cure your problem.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 05:08:38 pm »
John Guest; righteo; I'll Google ghem; cheers.

You've already got what looks like a JG straight connector on the other pipe in your photo. Probably used in conjunction with two JG barb to stem fittings. I would switch to JG tubing also apart from the final run from pump to reel.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »
Or you could just replace the rubber o rings on the fittings you have , looking at the drip position in the pic (pennies)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !