This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: A good hard look in the mirror
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2017, 06:19:06 pm »
I dont necessarily think its anything to do with wanting  lots of money in my case..

I think its more about making sure the business is 'sure footed' and i think what i mean by that is IMO the more people involved with making the business work the more sure footed it becomes.

At the moment, yes my business is sure footed....as long as i go out and do the work and thats the weak spot...it depends on one person...me.... and im tired of it 14 years plus now.

With enough business to employ it takes that pressure off. Even if i earned less after employing with 2 vans and a guy i still feel that the business is then becoming rooted.

Not sure if that makes sense...

Money is not a massive motivator to me, freedom is. Theres two ways to freedom, first one is having no job, no money and just living a very simple basics life away from society, a nomad.

The other is being part of society and all it has to offer and aquiring enough wealth where you can buy your freedom.

Like i said earlier, very few are really free, think billionaire money when you have so much you cant spend it all, where you can hop on your private jet and take  a years holiday where ever you want whenever you want and the cheques keep rolling in ands you have the businesses, investments and infrastructure to support this lavish lifestyle.

For the rest of us, we will probably fall somewhere in between, we will never be totally free as we dont have the drive and ambition to do what is nesacerry to be so.

So we have sole traders who have a false sense of freedom because they work 3 days a week (they still work and have to work)
Or we have those who run a small business, 3-5 guys maybe, they probably only work 2 days a week and have a bit more financial freedom, but still have to work.

Guys like Lee are probably approaching the point where they could work a few hours a week and put systems in place to run the business, but they still are not really financially free.

Bottom line is, i dont know actually, just waffling again.

Tom-01

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2017, 06:42:54 pm »
As Richard Ashcroft sang in Bittersweet Symphony: You're a slave to the money then you die.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
Yes being responsible for the livelihoods of others would be a good incentive for getting out in the mornings, I found it
exciting building a window cleaning round it was like every new customer added to the books was another personal achievement,
a buzz, I think many miss that feeling/buzz of building something when the get to where they want to be,

Exactly, i struggled for a few years to build a full round, it was stressfull and hard work, now i have a full round i could be gratefull and tick along as i am. But what do you replace that void with that kept you up at night? feels like something is missing with no stress or pressures.

void?whats that then? ;D

im off to manchester tomorrow night with the lads for a curry and then we re off to the albert hall to see a jazz/funk/fusion band called "thundercat" ;D

go out and live your life and never take ANYTHING FOR GRANTED(whether its friends,family,loved ones,work,etc)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2017, 06:51:09 pm »
I dont necessarily think its anything to do with wanting  lots of money in my case..

I think its more about making sure the business is 'sure footed' and i think what i mean by that is IMO the more people involved with making the business work the more sure footed it becomes.

At the moment, yes my business is sure footed....as long as i go out and do the work and thats the weak spot...it depends on one person...me.... and im tired of it 14 years plus now.

With enough business to employ it takes that pressure off. Even if i earned less after employing with 2 vans and a guy i still feel that the business is then becoming rooted.

Money is not a massive motivator to me, freedom is. Theres two ways to freedom, first one is having no job, no money and just living a very simple basics life away from society, a nomad.

The other is being part of society and all it has to offer and aquiring enough wealth where you can buy your freedom.

Like i said earlier, very few are really free, think billionaire money when you have so much you cant spend it all, where you can hop on your private jet and take  a years holiday where ever you want whenever you want and the cheques keep rolling in ands you have the businesses, investments and infrastructure to support this lavish lifestyle.

For the rest of us, we will probably fall somewhere in between, we will never be totally free as we dont have the drive and ambition to do what is nesacerry to be so.

So we have sole traders who have a false sense of freedom because they work 3 days a week (they still work and have to work)
Or we have those who run a small business, 3-5 guys maybe, they probably only work 2 days a week and have a bit more financial freedom, but still have to work.

Guys like Lee are probably approaching the point where they could work a few hours a week and put systems in place to run the business, but they still are not really financially free.

i enjoy working.i dont know what your problems are mate?we ve got it good.id hate working for someone else though on min wage thats for sure! ;D

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2017, 07:13:10 pm »

i enjoy working.i dont know what your problems are mate?we ve got it good.id hate working for someone else though on min wage thats for sure! ;D

I dont know Daz, maybe i just feeling that cleaning windows is not the limit of my ambitions in life.

i suppose we will never agree on this, 2 different viewpoints.

Its quite interesting the different ways 2 people can look at the same thing, one sees blue the other sees red.

I like psychology, maybe i should go do that?

Hmm, let me think...i see window cleaning as a nice little starter business, something thats not too difficult to fathom out, requires hard work, but its a simple business to run. 

Anyway like you said, whatever we all decide to do, it sure beats working in a factory on minimum wage. we do have it good you are right, there just always that nagging thought we could have it even better, but where does that end?

Dry Clean

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:25 pm »
Yes being responsible for the livelihoods of others would be a good incentive for getting out in the mornings, I found it
exciting building a window cleaning round it was like every new customer added to the books was another personal achievement,
a buzz, I think many miss that feeling/buzz of building something when the get to where they want to be,

Exactly, i struggled for a few years to build a full round, it was stressfull and hard work, now i have a full round i could be gratefull and tick along as i am. But what do you replace that void with that kept you up at night? feels like something is missing with no stress or pressures.

void?whats that then? ;D

im off to manchester tomorrow night with the lads for a curry and then we re off to the albert hall to see a jazz/funk/fusion band called "thundercat" ;D

go out and live your life and never take ANYTHING FOR GRANTED(whether its friends,family,loved ones,work,etc)

Its the excitement of not knowing if you have made the right choice, the excitement of getting your first customers, worrying about money, that first door knock, your first payment, dealing with customers for the first time, learning new skills, achieving your targets and so on. once you have reached the destination this buzz, excitement tends to get replaced by the boring and mundane, he's talking about a work void that now needs filled, not a life void.

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2017, 07:24:32 pm »
i dont know adam.maybe its my age(im 46 now)but im just so content with my life and work at this present time.

at one time my only ambitions were rock n roll ones (sleep with lots of women and gatecrash every party going drinking and drugging my way through life ;D ;D)which i did for 15 years of my life.there were many highs but in the end lots more lows....trying to fill a void i guess. ;)