This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: Hows the solar panel charging going?
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:56 pm »
When you say separately , how do you mean , what will go where ?

1 panel to one controller then feed both to battery.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2017, 12:59:29 pm »

So 1 through controller and 1 direct to battery ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2017, 10:35:08 pm »

So 1 through controller and 1 direct to battery ?

1  panel to controller and then watt/amp meter to battery.
Then the 2nd panel to a seperate controller and then meter-battery.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »
Not sure if that would do you any good Nath , cos if you have not got the sun in the first place then another MPPT will do you no good , it cant convert what isnt coming in , neither will 2 of them .
Instead of spending £60 on another MPPT to give you 25% extra off whatever is coming , i would be more inclined to add another £5 and get the 30w poly panel they do , that can bring in 1.71 amp peak , which is more than an extra MPPT will gain .
Wire all the panels in parralell and then to watt meter , then to MPPT , then to other watt meter , then to battery .
Dont take that as gospel , but i reckon that is the best chance of higher amps i think .
No doubt Mr Spruce will be along shortly to add his expertice to the mix  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2017, 06:23:58 pm »
The 20watt panel is at the front of the van angled to catch the sun from the rear of the van whilst the 50w panel is at the rear and angled forward.
The 20 watt panel has a blocking diode to stop reverse draw but the 50w doesnt. Lol Im not as clued up on electrics as you or spruce but I wondered if the 50watt panel isnt getting the sun butthe 20w is... Could the 50wat panel be drawing of 20w panel  before the MPPT takes it's share??
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 08:10:50 pm »
The 20watt panel is at the front of the van angled to catch the sun from the rear of the van whilst the 50w panel is at the rear and angled forward.
The 20 watt panel has a blocking diode to stop reverse draw but the 50w doesnt. Lol Im not as clued up on electrics as you or spruce but I wondered if the 50watt panel isnt getting the sun butthe 20w is... Could the 50wat panel be drawing of 20w panel  before the MPPT takes it's share??

I think that could be an issue if wired in series , but if all in parralell and flat then you would know that you are pulling the max at any given time , all you could do then is tilt all panels to the same angle to improve the yield , if you got the 30w instead of the MPPT then you would only be 20w short of my setup , we will still get different amounts in but thats only down to geography.