Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Daniel Evans

Portable combined with booster
« on: November 09, 2017, 06:57:16 am »
So I've a new set up on the way. Mytee LTD3, Mytee Airhog booster with a Mytee T-Rex Jr rotary extractor. My question is, is it possible the the air hog could act as a restriction if placed to close to the machine. My thinking behind this is that if the machine is more powerful than the booster then until the machine looses suction down the line it has to pull through the booster as its not as powerful. Hope this makes sense.

Mike Halliday

Re: Portable combined with booster
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:40:57 am »
Is it like tug-o-war??

You have 2 strong men pulling on the rope( your vacuum motors pulling air)  putting a weaker man in front of them to pull will only increase the pulling power not limit the power exerted by the previous men.

Only if the booster is spinning slower that the main motors will there be a restriction but it will spin faster
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »
Hey , just another suggestion ...

the inline booster is great and all that , should give u good performance . Pros and cons to them in my experience .  The air hog is the best one out there albeit a bit pricy for what it is , but i think u get pump out so bonus there ... i found sometimes with an inline u had  extra clutter if you bring it close to where u work + your now making noise in two locations insted of one , if u leave it close to the machine then its ok i suppose  ....  they are not as small or light a non tanked boosters also .
So another option sometime perhaps  is a rear trailing booster  , notice the LTD3 still has two seperate connectors for vacuum exhausts  , thatys cause mytee used to make a trailing booster but stopped making all the various boosters they did ,except the single vac hog  mainly because the network of dealers or most customers  didnt really understand what booster went with what and i think it was giving mytee a headache answering all the various buyer scenario questions. 
So it would be an easy hookup if u get a twin vac booster , just connect one motor to each exhaust .  So options for a twin vac booster and price , 
 A/ make one yourself if u can ... cost about 200-300   .
B/ google search 'dave the hose '  :)  he was making and selling toolbox boosters (500 ?
c/ buy two airflex booster pods and just strap them together  400 each  800 +  total

The rear booster will give u mytee escape type performance , i use quadvac power daily myself , wouldnt be without it .

Daniel Evans

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 06:21:12 am »
Thanks for the help. Sounds like you could create a bit of a monster John. With the air hog and a booster like you mentioned too  ;D

john martin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »
Thanks for the help. Sounds like you could create a bit of a monster John. With the air hog and a booster like you mentioned too  ;D
actualy there was another option ... if the hog would fit a another vac inside ...  it would just have to have a connector from it to the ouside of the body ....  u could then use it as either a rear quad booster ...or still as a single inline .