This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

What is it with people!!?? 😠 New
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:09 pm »
Pulled up to clean a house, client opens window;
" you doing mine today"
" I am love"
" can you leave mine today"
" oh whys that"
" its forecasted alot of rain for next couple of days"
"The rain doesnt effect the clean love, its very similar to the water I use bla bla bla"
Customer just not listening and ask for 8wkly in stead so I agree but with a price increase though  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Bungle

Re: what is it with people!!?? 😠
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:23:25 pm »
Great story bro 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
Damn them hydrophobic customers!

Terrified of a few blinking rain drops.

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 02:40:42 pm »
I’ve had a couple like that, I’ve never seen them again lol ditched and replaced with better reliable customers :)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 02:55:57 pm »
It doesn't work every time but what I usually say is something along the lines of:

"It makes no odds with this kit as it's a wet system anyway, and as you know, it doesn't depend on them being left dry to work. If they're not clean when they've dried I'll come back and do them again at no cost to you. And by the way if you do call me back you'll be the first as no one yet ever has needed to."

It hasn't always worked but certainly has worked many times and to date I can honestly say no-one has yet called me back

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 03:15:13 pm »
I like to give everyone a chance, if they are normally good then 11 cleans a year rather than 12 won't hurt. If it becomes a habit then dump them.

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
I could be wrong but even in these enlightened times I don't think calling men love goes down well.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 04:00:37 pm »
Im trying to get a new response in my head, so I can roll it off the tongue automatically next time.

"As you know its rained quite a bit since last time I cleaned them and have you noticed how clean they still appear to be. Thats why I call every 4 weeks to maintain this special cleaning method, regardless if it rains so that your windows continue to stay as clean as they are even if it does rain!"
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 04:01:28 pm »
I’ve had a couple like that, I’ve never seen them again lol ditched and replaced with better reliable customers :)

This. Every time they try it on.
It's a game of three halves!

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 05:42:01 pm »
Im trying to get a new response in my head, so I can roll it off the tongue automatically next time.

"As you know its rained quite a bit since last time I cleaned them and have you noticed how clean they still appear to be. Thats why I call every 4 weeks to maintain this special cleaning method, regardless if it rains so that your windows continue to stay as clean as they are even if it does rain!"

Jesus, you should have been on Jackanory...

My response if we’re cleaning in the rain is usually along the lines of:
 “I wont bore you with the science unless you want me to, but because we use the wfp system, the rain wont effect the quality of clean. Any problems though, please make sure you let us know and we’ll pop back”

They never call us back, and if they still don’t like it then “see you around”.

Over explaining yourself makes it seem like you’re trying to justify something imo, as if you’re not sure of yourself.

Saying that, Frank on the forum suggested a while back to save up your ‘wet weather jobs’ like gutter and fascias, conservatories and stuff, and so I’ve tended to try and do this especially on days its hammering it down, to avoid any said problems.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 06:12:12 pm »
every customer whos ever said "can you leave them today as its forecast rain later/tomorrow/next few days"have been dumped there and then.

ive not had one for a while now.(must be a few years)

i turned up at 9am to  my first job and it was hammering it down after id cleaned a couple of windows,i just carried on and the customer never even mentioned the weather and just paid me. :) most of my customers are like that nowadays.
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »
every customer whos ever said "can you leave them today as its forecast rain later/tomorrow/next few days"have been dumped there and then.

ive not had one for a while now.(must be a few years)

i turned up at 9am to  my first job and it was hammering it down after id cleaned a couple of windows,i just carried on and the customer never even mentioned the weather and just paid me. :) most of my customers are like that nowadays.

The vast majority of mine are like that and thats why its a pain when you get the odd one who still needs to be educated and its normally the newish customers. Although I do tell them when they sign up that I clean in the rain as it doesnt have an affect on the clean itself. But this goes in one ear n out the other so I grant them one more strike b4 being struck off.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 06:19:39 pm »

“I wont bore you with the science unless you want me to, but because we use the wfp system, the rain wont effect the quality of clean. Any problems though, please make sure you let us know and we’ll pop back”

Over explaining yourself makes it seem like you’re trying to justify something imo, as if you’re not sure of yourself.

Saying that, Frank on the forum suggested a while back to save up your ‘wet weather jobs’ like gutter and fascias, conservatories and stuff, and so I’ve tended to try and do this especially on days its hammering it down, to avoid any said problems.

Quč??  Jackanory???

Mate its about one or 2 sentences longer than yours and continues to sell it more effectively
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 06:22:18 pm »

I generally go with ‘Sure, see you in 6 weeks’.

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 06:26:44 pm »
Xmas is just around the corner so it will be finance related.

Sometimes they also spin you a story which sound very believeable until you have a chance to think about it later.

We have an old girl on the round who originally wanted her windows cleaned every 4 weeks. Then just recently she has been complaining about how her American paid pension isn't going as far as it did with the pound devaluing by 20% against the dollar.
Now we all know that the pound isn't doing very well at the moment, so it sounds a reasonable excuse to go every 8 weeks.

Its was only once I had thought about it later that I realised that if the pound is devaluing against the US dollar, and, as her pension is paid in US dollars, she will be better off.  Hands up, she got me with that one.  ;D

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »
if a customer is  having building work done,new windows,going on holiday,even a death in the family!FINE!BUT not weather related "not todays" esp if its not bad when i turn up.

price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »

Quč??  Jackanory???

Mate its about one or 2 sentences longer than yours and continues to sell it more effectively

Mate, it might “only” be a sentence or two more, but yours is full of over the top word usage.
“...Clean they still appear to be”, “special cleaning method”...I mean, you’re not working in a big top mate, just get to the point.
“Rain doesnt effect the standard of clean, but just so you’re reassured, don’t pay if they dry out funny, let me know and I’ll reclean for free” jobbed

I’m not getting into the whole Nathan bashing thing, so please don’t think I’m having a pop; I’d just tone down the speil sounding wordage and just get to the point and be honest. You’re their window cleaner, not their mortgage advisor, they care about their windows alot less than you do.

And I’ll bet I’m younger than you so don’t pretend you don’t know what Jackanory is!!  :D ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 07:43:30 pm »
He can't half waffle Nathan.
Too much of 'hence', 'therefore' and 'said' item for my liking.
It's like listening to Chris Eubank. I bet he's even got a monocle. Full of scratches.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Miko67

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »
Just try n laugh it off. 8 weeks they'll be more dirtier than 4 weeks. 
Plus it's England u live it it rains all the time . Know wat I mean !

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 08:46:56 pm »
I could be wrong but even in these enlightened times I don't think calling men love goes down well.

Thas obviously not from Yorkshire me old love  :D