Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward coller

Brintons carpet
« on: November 02, 2017, 08:37:47 pm »
over the past 15yrs of the thousands of carpets I have cleaned, I have had 3 problems when cleaning Brintons carpets... they shrank! One had to be power stretched back and one  a fitter refitted at door bar, so I have just turned down a customer who wanted her brintonsH/S/L cleaned.  i advised against any form of wet cleaning and She asked what she should do. Any one have experience or suggestions of a dry product, / system, or am I being paranoid? Simon

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Brintons carpet
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:10 pm »
Personally I wouldn’t get involved or go out of my way to find a dry cleaning alternative. One shrank on me years ago and had to be replaced under insurance as the gripper rods damaged the edge of the carpet.

I went to quote one property and the Brinton carpets already showed signs of shrinkage just due to humidity. They had never been cleaned.

I’m refering to the older low profile loop pile carpets they made and may well not be manufactured any more.

cleanability

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:35:14 pm »
Never heard of Brinton in 20 years of carpet cleaning. So whats with these carpets? Why do they shrink? Whats the backing look like? Are they polypropylene pile or what.

Thanks
Chris

idealrob

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:45:05 am »
Cleaned Brinton carpets years ago, they used to be all Axminster 80/20 wool, twice had a full house fitted in every room, never had a problem cleaning them, i dont know about the modern ones,  but used to clean then with dry foam & rotary machine, and gallons of water.

idealrob