Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Extraction chemical. Do they really make a difference???
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:33:08 pm »
I always pre vac, prespray and extract with truckmount at 180 - 220 degrees F.

I tend to get good results extracting with just water or acid rinse where needed to lower Ph.

My question is... would extracting with prochem double clean or prochem high heat give me better results?

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Extraction chemical. Do they really make a difference???
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:19 pm »
i used power burst, and then double clean..

ran out of water for about 2 square feet at the end, so just used water..

noticable difference..

David Ware

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:55:56 am »
Best to ask the supplier of the pre spray that you have put down as to which is the best method for extraction . Some are free rinsing others need a detergent rinse
David

dutchman

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
Water is not good at removing soiling without a prespray, rinsing yes but breaking the bonds of the soil from the carpet fibers, no. I asked myself this question years ago and did a small trial. The carpet rinsed with just water was not as good as the one where is used an in tank cleaner. The question you have to ask is " has my pre spray emulsified all the dirt from the carpet?" On light to medium soiling probably maybe, but with heavy soiling its unlikely. I usually double up different types pre sprays to get a better result.  To check how clean a carpet is I sometimes go over a bit with a suction tool with a clear head which will show up if there is more to come out of the carpet. This is useful on the last few treds of stairs which can look clean but on testing have more to give. What i am trying to say is that when you just use water to rinse you have to be sure that all the soiling on the carpet has become soluable if not then the water will not do a good job at what is still stuck to the carpet fibre.

JandS

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 09:33:26 pm »
Surely it is not in contact with the carpet long enough to have an effect!!
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clive ware

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:24 pm »
I always use a detergent in the tank.  Much better results. I usually use Alltec ultimate master.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:46:05 pm »
same as ^