This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Gutter cleaning business and marketing?
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:13 pm »
It's predominately window cleaning talk on here but what about gutter cleaning business.  At times I get far too many enquires and I've held off getting my first bulk drop of leaflets out for three months so other than leafleting the neighbours of the booked jobs the works mostly been from the internet.
Does anyone focus more on gutter cleaning and do you get better results with gutter cleaning against window cleaning?
Going against what people may think, I expect to have less enquiries over the next couple of months for gutter cleaning than the couple of months just past. Although the leaflets aren't solely for gutter cleaning it will be interesting what comes of it so I'll need to make a point of asking where they found me over the next few weeks.   

dazmond

Re: Gutter cleaning business and marketing?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:13:16 am »
i refuse all gutter clearing jobs now.i dont want them.i always hated cleaning them off ladders when i did them years ago.

now is a good time for business due to falling leaves.

obviously gutter clearing can be good money but its not as regular as window cleaning work.maybe once a year compared to once a month/every other month window cleaning.
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:41 pm »
i refuse all gutter clearing jobs now.i dont want them.i always hated cleaning them off ladders when i did them years ago.

now is a good time for business due to falling leaves.

obviously gutter clearing can be good money but its not as regular as window cleaning work.maybe once a year compared to once a month/every other month window cleaning.

Give them my number Daz 👍

I just price higher and the ones we gat are always good earners. Earning a living 100% from gutter work would be a slog though, would need to spend big on marketing too.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »
Out of the leaflets dropped the % of enquiries I had was around 0.12% :)

V_Purcell

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:36:29 pm »
On gutter cleaning I get 2 booked jobs per 1000 leaflets dropped.
But I also drop our carpet cleaning and a friends painting and decorating leaflet. Been doing it 10 years now, and done over 5,000 jobs now.

I am now going for window cleaning with a new leaflet.

With carpet and gutter cleaning you are always chasing the next customer.

Window cleaning you can keep a customer for years

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:31:57 pm »
Are we taking about gutter cleaning or gutter clearance ?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Nick Day

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:43:41 pm »
If it is any help, I was talking to a customer last week, he does three to four jobs per day and gets all his work form knocking on doors, especially in the streets he is cleaning in. He has been cleaning gutters only since April and is talking about setting up another van!!

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:42 pm »
Are we taking about gutter cleaning or gutter clearance ?
Funny you have asked. If I'm quoting I refer to gutter clearing to avoid any confusion for what they are paying for but in general I call it gutter cleaning not to be confused with Upvc cleaning.

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:25 pm »
If it is any help, I was talking to a customer last week, he does three to four jobs per day and gets all his work form knocking on doors, especially in the streets he is cleaning in. He has been cleaning gutters only since April and is talking about setting up another van!!
I don't like chapping doors but if I did I would probably be a stone lighter.