This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Norman

Industrial & Commercial round(s)mainly cleaning Shops in the Medway towns, Chatham - town centre , Hempstead Valley & Davies Estate, Lower Gillingham, Twydall, Rainham Shopping Centre, and the Local area, Newington. Factories And offices, Lordswood & Gillingham Business Park, with one warehouse in Sittingbourne. No domestic houses - a small block of flats + one large house and a bungalow. The good thing about Industrial and commercial you can operate in all weathers and rain doesn't hold you up much. You can also start early. When I was younger I up at 4 and cleaning by 5am. All customers understand you are doing a job.

Most (all and build on) of it is made up of buying other peoples round - I have bought out 4 companies (sold one on - too big at the time) over the years have sold on smaller areas to others. I have also been given work and have paid for little jobs.  It is worth buying other peoples work. In all of my years of window cleaning I have not undercut or stolen any work - I have seen many who have done and not lasted. I have done well on each round and all have paid for themselves. I have paid out good prices and not sought to undercut. I can't emphasize  enough to point out that  buying a commercial round is best thing ever, as this time of year you waiting around for the rain to stop.

Most jobs are bucket & Squeeze - no ladders required, a small simple water fed system (can set up for about £600 (will help you set if required))  for cleaning signs and tops.  All customers receive printed receipts and invoices - some cash, others BACS (paid straight into your Bank account) , The Round is colour coded - 4 weekly period, yellow wk1, Red wk2, Green wk3, Blue wk4.

The turnover is good. I'm now over 60, Company Est.1983 + - Been cleaning for 35 years, While my health is good and I can enjoy life. Now downsizing and moving away. I have been trying to cut down, but after meeting a window cleaned in Chatham I bought his round and Luton Village + Lower Gillingham (which grew into Davis Estate)

I am selling all my weekly/fortnightly rounds . I am splitting the areas up for each area I am asking for 16 weeks money for each round, therefore after 4 months you will off paid for the round.  You will receive at least 2 weeks  assistance + a further 6 weeks helping out. After that time you should be running the Round by yourself. You will also be given printed receipts & invoices for 8 weeks and Calendar print out for the 6,8, & 12 weekly jobs.

Hempstead Valley
3 times a week

Mondays (1 hour),  Wednesday (1/2 an hour) Friday (3 & 1/2 hours). Always regarded H/v as over time. Very useful if weather is really bad i.e. you can clean along the mall, after 8pm (evening) until 9am - after 9am  you clean i/s the shops, and if weather is really bad, I have gone in the night before to do the i/s's (from 6pm until 8pm, and after clean along the Mall). Started working in H/v in the late eighties - bought out the other window cleaner in 1997. Some of the Big high street names have gone over to nationwide contractors, but that seems to have stopped. Hempstead is growing new shops inside as well as outside. I haven't bother much about getting new jobs in the last few years after being busy elsewhere.
Average per week                 £105.00.
Per year value is                          £5460.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £1680.00

Chatham High Street & Pentagon
Weekly

Thursday morning from 7am - 10:30 (once a fortnight a little longer)
Did Chatham years ago - did sell to a  friend who retired some years ago. Manager from Wilkinson's of Rainham who transfer to Chatham asked me to cleaned the windows at the Chatham branch, when the other window cleaner stopped travelling from Maidstone. I had some of my own work and also bought a small number of Jobs from another window cleaner who retired
Average per week                  £   81.00.
Per year value is                           £4212.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £ 1296.00

Luton Village & Road
Fortnightly

Friday Morning
Was part of the Chatham round I bought
I do most of the shops in Luton Village and some along the Luton Road
Once a fortnight - Start time about 10am (after H/v) finish 3 pm
Average per 2 weeks         £  105.00.
Per year value is                          £2730.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £ 840.00

Lower Gillingham & Davis Estate
Fortnightly

Thursday (after Chatham) Lower Gillingham was part of the Chatham round , but the chemist in L/G (head office D/E), wanted me to their offices at Davis Estate (only been doing for 2 years). The other shops were impressed with the wash downs, and pick up a further 4 shops (wash downs as weII).
Lower Gillingham takes 1hr 30 minutes
Davies Estate once fortnight takes 1hr 30 minutes (extra 2 hours for wash downs, once a every 4 weeks)
Average per 2 weeks         £92.00.
Per year value is                          £2392.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £736.00

Walderslade
Weekly
Thursday afternoon, after Davis Estate/Watling Street)
Only 4 shops - 3 done weekly and one restaurant, done every 4 weeks
Only takes 45 minutes per and extra 45 minutes for the restaurant
Average per week                £  29.00.
Per year value is                         £1508.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £ 464.00

Watling Street & Twydall.
Fortnightly

Thursday after Chatham.
Watling Street -I gave the jobs in Watling street once to a friend who has now retired to Norfolk. I still do a few shops that I started in 1984
Twydall is only 5 minutes away
Only do 12 shops in both areas
Average per 2 weeks         £76.00.
Per year value is                          £1976.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £608.00

Rainham Shopping centre & local area
2 days a week

Tuesday & Wednesday(After H/v)
Started  (Rainham 2002) +  Newington (cleaning since 1994, only takes one hour per week, 15 minutes extra some weeks for wash downs). Also had Jobs from 2 other rounds I bought.
Rainham is made up, with 3 rounds bought and paid for, over the years and the main window cleaner had bought out his friend. This round covers the shopping centre and along the high street, with some in Station Road and some of the smaller roads.
I do most of shops in Rainham centre - a few nationwide contractors', most of the shops have accepted me as their local window cleaner. Rainham is a small town with a village atmosphere.
Average week                    £274.00.
Per year value is                          £14248.00.
Sale of round 16 weeks money   £4384.00

Gillingham  Business Park  & Lordswood Industrial Estate and other monthly jobs will sell when we move away in the spring/summer

Weekly Routine
Monday    H/v,  Gillingham B/P or Lordswood Industrial Estate and other monthly Jobs
Tuesday   Rainham
Wednesday   H/v Rainham Area
Thursday   Chatham, Lower Gillingham & Davis Estate or Watling Street + Walderslade
Friday      H/v, Luton or Twydall
Saturday   Wash downs for Gillingham B/P or Lordswood Industrial Estate and other monthly jobs (3/4 hours)

If you like more information, Please Ring 07973350228

Have tried to take this post down
Have sold some of this round,
The rest is now converted into 4/8/12 wkly
Will put up again in 4 years,
once I got all my pensions
I was surprised, that a lot of the shops, went over from weekly to 4 weekly,
I can only think it is due to briexit and the finical climate
Thank you

Splash & dash

16 x price lol don’t think so

swanson

OVER PRICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DB Cleaning Services

4 x monthly takings it a bargain

Mike Norman

Over priced?, don't really know?
What price can put on a person work of a lifetime
Is 16 weeks per round over priced?
Take Rainham Round I paid £6,000,
I did that 20 years ago, over that time I have  been paid over £87,000.00,  £274.00 per week
To me its a good investment, the round has improved, no ladders required,
can work in the rain, unless the weather is really bad, some of the jobs undercover
Been doing this after I sold a Cleaning Business  21 years ago
What more could one have?
I have paid off my mortgage, got a pension plan
I enjoy window cleaning- still enjoy good health for someone over 60 - just being sensible
if i could start again as a young man - I would buy them again, but sooner
help this explains - I don't mind if don't want to buy - if is over priced for you - sorry

Splash & dash

I did that 20 years ago, over that time I have  been paid over £87,000.00,  £274.00 per week
can work in the rain, unless the weather is really bad, some of the jobs undercover
I enjoy window cleaning- still enjoy good health for someone over 60 - just being sensible
help this explains - I don't mind if don't want to buy - if is over priced for you - sorry

It sounds like nice work and you have done well to build it up to that but
Who can afford to work for nothing for 16 cleans ?  Maybe Ime lucky I built up my own round and didn’t have to pay for it but I would be very worried about paying that amount of money for good will which is all you are buying , what happens if the customers decide they don’t want you or someone undercuts your price you are left with nothing way to risky to spend that amount , not that I would be intrested in buying work but I think 4x the price is probebly fair .

Shrek

Who can afford to work for nothing for 16 cleans ?  Maybe Ime lucky I built up my own round and didn’t have to pay for it but I would be very worried about paying that amount of money for good will which is all you are buying , what happens if the customers decide they don’t want you or someone undercuts your price you are left with nothing way to risky to spend that amount , not that I would be intrested in buying work but I think 4x the price is probebly fair .

It IS x4 isn’t it? 16 weeks is 4 months  ???

Unless Iv read it wrong

Splash & dash

It IS x4 isn’t it? 16 weeks is 4 months  ???

Unless Iv read it wrong

Yes I think I might have read it wrongly I was looking at the yearly takings as the sale price , I think k you are right it is 4 x the price. I do apologise at that price it’s good value  one again sorry 😬😬😬😬 should have read it more carefully