Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Smaller Jets on Carpet Cleaning Wand
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:06:59 pm »
I have fitted smaller jets on one of my wands and the spray is now coming out the side of the wand when on the carpet.  Any ideas why this is happening. Have i fitted the wrong jets with to much of a wide spray pattern?

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Smaller Jets on Carpet Cleaning Wand
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 10:55:26 pm »
Have i fitted the wrong jets with to much of a wide spray pattern?

Yes.
I can't remember what angle the spay patterns are but you could put an adaptor on the nozzles to make the jets closer to the end of the wand so that they dont spray beyond the edge.
It's along time since I had to do the same. You would need to measure the threads and get an adaptor from ebay I think.

Here's one I made earlier (around 9 years ago) with the adaptors fitted. The spray pattern is now exactly right on this one with stainless jets. At the time, I actuallly superimposed the spray angle on to a picture to calculate distance using a PC.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:06:46 am »
Sounds like you have fit the wrong  jet,  110 versus 90 maybe.  the number is written on the jet, usually the degree angle followed by the orifice size e.g. 11002

You could slightly  misaligned them so they don't spray out the side
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:46:13 pm »
Normally 110's will just cover the width of a 12 inch wand. As a short term measure twist them slightly so they are hitting the edges of the wings. At least you won't have overspray. But as Mike says extenders are best option.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:12:03 pm »
The best option would be to buy the right jets ;)

But you say they are smaller than the originals jets, if you have gone from 03 to 01 or 015 then you might have increased the trapped pressure so they might reach those full spray potential which is greater than the previous jets
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 06:21:51 pm »
What wand have you got ?

derikraven

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 06:39:28 pm »
where do you recommend I buy my  jets from? I need wand jets and hand tool jets. :)

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 07:07:16 pm »
Some wands are different in that the distance from the nozzles to the vacuum slot varies.

The wand I pictured above is a Westpac which has a longer distance nozzle to vac slot than one which is supplied from Ashbys for example. This is the reason I had to put the adaptors on.

And if I remember I couldn't find jets with a different angle with the same orifice to suite the Westpac wand.

derikraven

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 05:48:42 am »
where do you recommend I buy my  jets from? I need wand jets and hand tool jets. :)

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 09:19:26 am »
I'm not up to date where to get wand jets from but I recently bought a stainless jet for a 4inch stair tool from ebay as the brass ones wear out pretty quick.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 07:56:50 pm »
What wand have you got ?

It's a standard prochem 12inch wand.

John Kelly

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:05 am »
They come as standard with 11003 jets which is quite an open jet.

V_Purcell

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 07:28:53 pm »
It looks like it has been modified from the original set up, take out the union between the jet assembly and the wand, this will lift the jet up and will reduce the width of the spray pattern.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 09:55:25 pm »
.............this will lift the jet up and will reduce the width of the spray pattern.

Quite the opposite - lifting the jets further from the carpet increases the width of spray.  You need to lower the jets

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:03 pm »
Got 2 small extenders. Job done..... works great now.