This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

this trigger should be availabe for poles
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:13:24 pm »
i  think a  trigger like this should be fitted as standard, or sold seperatly,   if you look at the trigger on this pic, you can see it fits right into the  base of the pole, no cable ties or hose clips,

Alex Gardiner

Re: this trigger should be availabe for poles
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:23:15 pm »
we have looked at fitting triggers to our poles, but we reckon that they are not the most user friendly option. If you fit a trgger to the bottom of the pole you either have hold the pole at the bottom all the time or if you can lock the trigger you have go to the bottom of the pole to switch it off. Also it would add weight to your pole.

The method that we have found to be the simplest and most flexible is to have small flow valve fitted to the pole hose, this can be then simply held in your hand (or the hose next to it) wherever your hand is and turn the flow off instantly, also with this method you can loop the pole hose around your shoulders and have the flow valve resting on your chest for easy access.

This is just our findings though.

Alex

sair

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:15:39 pm »
they are sold seperatly catch up if wanted

well said alex
Essentially Pure Ltd

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 09:38:56 pm »
sair, i got these pics from an american website, and i know the triggers are sold seperatly on their websites,   as it stands, w/c  have to look for a suitable numatic trigger for to fit on the pole, and then try to diy it on the pole, also it looks more professional, these triggers are quite light,

abacus

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:22:12 pm »
Hi jouk 45

they look similar to ones on telescopic jet wash lance sold by northern tools not that expensive  I tend to hold the pole left and right handed up and down the pole I dont think I would like one in fact I just disconnect the male from the stop end female couldn't get on with tops on the belt or inline quite like the one with the tap lever on the hose female but can't fine which site I saw it on now.

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:28:58 pm »

abacus

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:50:21 pm »
Hi jouk4

good site some of the stuff is very similar including the gutter cleaner jinky ordered on from northern tool say it comes from over the pond he has had to wait a while for it.

regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 07:37:24 pm »
I have tried both methods and neither have come out above one another.

If you have a trigger and you need to extend the pole then you have to take it on and off and then with the valve it will only be by your hand at certain heights.As we know all buildings have windows and different heights so the valve would only be near your hand at certain levels.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 08:28:32 pm »
It looks OK with a two section pole and the hose neatly going to the top and back down with the pole closed.  Imaging what the hose would be like on a 5 section pole, and the pole closed with a trigger on the bottom.  Now wouldn't it make much more sense if the water was controlled at the brush?

Peter

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 09:24:24 pm »
Peter i have gone through a couple of your threads and am wondering if your auto brush will fit onto Tucker Poles?

thanks
steve

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:13 pm »
I will have a look and see if I can find an adaptor for the Tucker pole to take one of my brushes.

I will let you know,

Peter

jinky230

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:21 am »
guys it does look like the lance I ordered from northern tools, have not had a chance to use it as I am still waiting on the turbo nozzle at £20 from northern tools.I think they have good prices, but a lot of stuff comes from america and you should order early to get stuff in, instead of inticipating that they have it, as they do not keep excess stock.
went into pirtek but it would cost a £100 to re-adapt it to their turbo nossle, so the wait is on.

however would you not have more flex with triggers etc if the hoses were on the outside

female on hose and male connector on the trigger, plug together and attach to what ever height you need.We have several peter fogwill autobrushes and basically up until now they have been a godsend.I mentioned about triggers etc on an earlier post,and it should be an area where some thought by manufacturers are needed  to make life easier

so here is an opening for you jouk to make good triggers for the boys

jinky

RO-Sheen

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 09:02:37 am »
The simpilest and cheapest way to temporary cut your supply is to just bend the hose that comes out at the base of your pole!
Formerly known as GARGAAX