Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

strike 1
« on: September 27, 2017, 07:52:58 pm »
I have a 2 strike rule!

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mr. S

Re: strike 1
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »
Sounds like they just want windows cleaned when they're really filthy!
I got a few like that, I text them and say what the agreement was, in my case I clean every 4 to 6 weeks.
Usually people agree those that don't and want alternate cleans I adjust the price or dump.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:10:36 pm »
Is Cusworth Kawasaki still there Nathan?
Comfortably Numb!

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:32:02 pm »
I had one today.

I went by it yesterday, knowing it was due, so stopped on the off chance they were in - they have a padlock on the rear gate. There was no-one in so sent them the usual text reminder last night I'd be there today and to ensure the gate was unlocked.

So I got there, no answer and the gate was locked.

Passing them again later I see a car on the drive so I stop. Knock. She appears and asks if I can leave it as she has the poetry club in the conservatory!

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:59:05 pm »
I had one today.

I went by it yesterday, knowing it was due, so stopped on the off chance they were in - they have a padlock on the rear gate. There was no-one in so sent them the usual text reminder last night I'd be there today and to ensure the gate was unlocked.

Passing them again later I see a car on the drive so I stop. Knock. She appears and asks if I can leave it as she has the poetry club in the conservatory!
you couldn't make that one up

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »
I would drop it straight away.

johnny bravo

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 09:06:26 pm »
who is it PAM AYRES ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:43:58 pm »
I hate it when a customer cancels or tries to rearange after I have sent a "windows due for cleaning " text, it smacks of all being "one way", if they knew it was inconvienant on that day why would they wait untill they got the "calling tommorrow", message, surely its not beyond them to send you a message saying, we're away/having work done/scafolding up,etc.so could you leave this time.this would be a fair way, allowing you the opportunity to resheduale other work for that day,
One way customers are best given fewer chances. Strike two and this ones history!!!
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Crystal-clear

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 10:33:39 pm »
couple of things

1) stop texting in future and just clean if locked clean front if they complain mention they should call you for the back . The only way they can go next is telling you they want it at a different time in which case you can provide them with a one of clean double the price of a regular

2) respond to message and say youre able To clean another day (soon) this week or next as if it's longer I'll need to charge more as it won't be on the regular route, she'll accept or say still next time then tell her "no problem see you next time I have to charge more" that may change her mind

Scenario 2 can become a stand off
Id recommend just turn up next time and maybe go from there
Eventually you'll find out what they want sometimes they need to know it's x price for it being regular not casual!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 10:55:43 pm »
im glad when my customers want to miss a clean ATM.had enough of window cleaning now.half day tomorrow then 11 days off! :)

CANT WAIT!! 8) 8)

bring on the sunshine!
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:35 pm »
I just bin em if they cant fit with me , i dont text , i dont call , its my way or the highway matey !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:02:26 pm »
I had one today.

She ode you for that clean.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 07:42:46 am »
I have a 2 strike rule!

Maybe they are on holiday and don't want to tell you. 

Scaring the dogs covers all their bases. 

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Walter Mitty

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 09:43:14 am »
"Only clean if I'm at home", or some dressed-up way of saying that, is an immediate dump from me.
I might let it go if it's an unusual situation for one clean only and the customer has good history, but I won't accept it as the norm.

JandS

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 10:19:27 am »
You could just leave it till next time and leave it at that....could be a multitude of reasons they don't want them doing......and they may not want to tell you what for personal reasons....easy job made hard sometimes.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 10:35:33 am »
"Only clean if I'm at home", or some dressed-up way of saying that, is an immediate dump from me.
I might let it go if it's an unusual situation for one clean only and the customer has good history, but I won't accept it as the norm.

This is exactly my point.  Shes a newish customer (6mnths) and she always insists on being in for 2 yappy little dogs. Shes not afraid to tell me shes on holiday etc as that has already occurred.  But this messing about because 2 dogs will go crazy barking!! Not chewing furniture etc or being scared and pooping in a corner etc as i could understand their worry. BUT its because they will be barking away etc, i cant be hit n miss with my income due to dogs!!! 
For ones willing to put up with being messed about for that reason then hats off to ya. Even though its good easy money im not that desperate for her cash to put up with that
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 12:22:24 pm »
'Poetry club'!
What rhymes with f### off!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 12:29:17 pm »
I have a custy with 2 small tiny, yappy, annoying poxy dogs! (And I do love dogs)
They do not stop Barking the whole time I am there. I mean these little f###ers dont even come up for air! I am seriously considering dumpimg her because it ruins my chi.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 12:30:13 pm »
I've had that with dogs.

They've cost me a few customers. Usually because they go mental round the house and yapping their heads off and the custys don't like it.

I had one a month or so ago. Thing always went crazy yapping and running round. Could hear the owner inside asking it in a nice way to calm down.

Last time I went she said not today as the dog nearly killed itself last time running around (it's only got 3 legs :D) so I would have to come do them when she is out walking it.

How am I suppose to know when that will be? Instant dump if course.

I felt like saying well if you got hold of  the thing by the scruff if the neck or give it a boot let it k is who's boss maybe it wouldn't go mad .

It's always little jack Russell's and snappy little things.

JandS

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 06:47:37 pm »
Not desperate for her cash but will clean in pouring rain??
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.