This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Well that took the wind out of my sails!
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »
8 weeks ago I had a little "situation" with a long standing grumpy customer. Nothing major but always a bit miserable. (eg - "make sure you do the cills" "I always do Mr F." or "have you done the one above the porch?" "I always do Mr. F"    ::)roll )

So I go  to tap the front door and Mrs F. (cheery sort) pays me before I start. (£15).

As I'm doing the fronts, Mr. F. appears around the side and says "don't bother with the backs, I'm working there". To which I reply "I've already been paid in full." (I should have shut up and kept the lolly!  ;D)

He says "well pay me back some of it and don't do the back then."

I look at him - poised in the moment between doing a flounce and sucking it up. As my daughter is working with me that day I decide to just say levelly to him without emotion "how much do you want back?"

"Give me a fiver" he says. So I do, saying nothing else before finishing the front and leaving, making it obvious I'm in a pre-flounce mood.

Back in the van my daughter tells me I'm being "so rude" and so of course I justify myself by explaining what a grumpy bloke he is blah blah.

Next visit I don't bother to do it and then today I decide not to bother again especially as the drive is full of cars and it's on a single track lane.

More later ...

It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

Re: Well that took the wind out of my sails!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:08:48 pm »
So I'm doing the neighbour's place and Mr F. comes out and clocks me and I avoid eye contact and continue. He goes to the farthest car in the drive, reverses into the lane and drives up towards me. I lift the pole and stand ready to let him drive past. He stops and says "I'm just moving the cars so you can reverse onto the drive." Then  he parks up about 50 yards up the lane and walks back past me ... clump clump clump in his wellie boots and shorts.  :)

He then gets into the second car and does the same and I'm thinking "Damn! Even I can't be such a git as to drive off after he's cleared the drive for me."

So I finish his neighbour, drive up and reverse out of the lane onto his drive and he comes up to me ...

More after tea!

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:51:27 pm »
How long is tea FATTY  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »
How long is tea FATTY  ;D

Sorry - got watching the gogglebox!  ;D

Right, here goes ...

He pays me up front and says "sorry about last time I was rather mean to you ... you do a good job and you always do the cills so here's your money PLUS the fiver I took off of you last time."

I was gob-smacked and mumbled something about - "OK, thanks. I'll pass it on to my daughter." (Which I did.)

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 09:19:59 pm »
Do you think Mrs F had a word with him?

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 09:23:31 pm »

John.

I expect so.  :-X

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »

John.

I expect so.  :-X

Sounds to me like she kicked his arse from here to Timbuktoooo  , and i bet she uttered them words ......." Do you know how hard it is to find a decent window cleaner these days Norman  >:(

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 10:07:44 pm »
Great story Mr G  , Its nice to see that not all the custies veiw us as a bit of "Shoe poop"   ;D ;D ;D

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »
That's better than Corrie or Eastenders put together  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

JandS

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 01:40:40 pm »
Even customers have bad days.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

dave f

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 07:26:06 am »
cant help my self dump and replace with 2,,,,,, phew their ive said it.

dave the rave

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:03 am »
What a load of rubbish this quote is . If it was that easy we would all do dump and get 2 better jobs..Why not just get the better jobs in the first place?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 09:57:12 am »
What a load of rubbish this quote is . If it was that easy we would all do dump and get 2 better jobs..Why not just get the better jobs in the first place?

I think he was saying it tongue-in-cheek?

p1w1

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 11:37:35 am »
is it still only 2 jobs? it's been like that for years, surely it should be at least 3 now all got within a day of dumping them and of course at a lot higher price.