This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Re: gardiner slx pole material question
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 09:09:32 pm »
just to update guys after giving it a strip down retape and clean it seems much better but im wearing gloves now and really enjoying it to be honest but before i could see the black all over the pole shaft when it was wet now it doesnt look half as bad so i suspect it was the initial coating these have from now that the outer section with writing never seems to lose but the inner sections do wear off, just thought it was mad how it wore so much in a month from new?
hands are finally getting the black off now though  that was some bloody stubborn carbon!!

Spruce

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2017, 06:31:33 am »
So what's the benefit using a polyurethane spray over Halfords Clear Lacquer Spray?
?

Halfords clear Lacquer spray is rubbish as it wears off too quickly.

The best I used was engine lacquer supplied by Gunk but they now longer sell it.

I have found that Symoniz clear lacquer is better than Halfords but has a long way to go to the old Gunk stuff. Again symoniz is a paint lacquer where the Gunk lacquer was and engine lacquer.

My wife suggested I use a water based floor varnish. She bought it. It flaked off and jammed 2 sections together.  I had the cut the top section off to release it and buy another. She refused to pay for it.

Clever Forum Name put up this video on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDbXLzjpIjI

He was refurbishing a pole that still had the old clamps on. Somewhere he has said recently that they have found a better product and use that but I can't remember what it was.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jk999

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2017, 12:52:52 pm »
Had my six 22 for six years never had the black hand problem, Alex you need to tell the guys that make your poles to use quick drying paint and not slow dry lol 😆😆😆

Plankton

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2017, 01:41:26 pm »
I wrote Halfords because I couldn't spell the other one!  ;D (which I've used) Still doesn't answer the question though.