This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john63.

Which pole
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:00 am »
Use s l x 25 at moment  looking for another pole what's the gardiners Carbon composite poles like compared to s l x  they seem a lot cheaper.

Cookie

Re: Which pole
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »
CLX poles are good but they are heavier & more whippy than the SLX or Extreme.

I have a CLX -22 (which I no longer use - I've upgraded to Extreme) and  a CLX-10 which is great for bungalows. If you buy a CLX-22 after having used an SLX pole you'll definitely regret it after a hard days work!

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:10:50 pm »
After using the slx , I would never go back to a clx . Iv got used to using a lighter pole and it makes life a lot easier!

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:00:59 pm »
the clx is like a fishing rod with a heavy fish on the end when doing windows over connys

john63.

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 04:04:27 pm »
Thanks for replies the clx 22 is same weight as pole I have now so might try it

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:33:23 pm »
The weight isn't the only thing to be concerned about.  A whippy pole takes a lot more effort to operate when extended. I wouldn't recommend going back to a CL-X unless there was no option.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 07:07:03 pm »
if funds are tight then a clx is a perfectly good budget pole to use day to day no problem.however if you can afford it id still go for an SLX as your main pole.
price higher/work harder!

Og

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:15 pm »
The bend in the clx is essential for some windows.

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 08:57:10 pm »
To be honest , i am considering going back to a clx 18 from the slx 18 , i love the slx but the clx is only 9 £1 coins heavier , and in the 18 footer flex is not a big issue .
And as Og said , on some stuff you need the flex , i have a fair few houses on one run where i used to use a clx 27 , now i use an slx 18 with 2 bottom sections of a clx 27 , and its a proper pain to get the bottom 6 inches of glass due to the houses having downstairs square bays with flat roofs .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

the king

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 09:36:24 pm »
slx is the way to go dont for get the tax relef its allways best to buy the litest equement you can afford ive been a clx user then a slx user then other maks of pole user all ill say is my next pole will be a extreme

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 10:16:24 pm »
slx is the way to go dont for get the tax relef its allways best to buy the litest equement you can afford ive been a clx user then a slx user then other maks of pole user all ill say is my next pole will be a extreme
Snap ......Literally !

the king

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 08:33:37 am »
the only other pole that was tempting was the neon but as i had a pheonix x mk1 ,  and after 8 months the number 1 and 2 were shot  so that has put me off the neon, as the pole is over £500 and £120+vat per section to replace , ive been told buy a suplier that the mk2 poles are much beta and last longer, but supliers will say anything for a sale , the thing with gardners is you get qualty and good back up service and i think there clamps are the most advanced on the market so far

martinw

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 10:19:21 am »
From experience on domestic slx poles  will outlast clx or xtreme ones. If you are thinking of using it as a occasional pole clx can be a good choice.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 08:01:06 am »
To be honest , i am considering going back to a clx 18 from the slx 18 , i love the slx but the clx is only 9 £1 coins heavier , and in the 18 footer flex is not a big issue .
And as Og said , on some stuff you need the flex , i have a fair few houses on one run where i used to use a clx 27 , now i use an slx 18 with 2 bottom sections of a clx 27 , and its a proper pain to get the bottom 6 inches of glass due to the houses having downstairs square bays with flat roofs .

its false economy to buy a CLX instead of an SLX really as in your quest to save money because you re a tight git(or skint!)you ll end up spending the same amount or more in the long run as the SLX will outlast the cheaper CLX.
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 04:16:20 pm »

its false economy to buy a CLX instead of an SLX really as in your quest to save money because you re a tight git(or skint!)you ll end up spending the same amount or more in the long run as the SLX will outlast the cheaper CLX.

And why would the SLX last ionger than the CLX Daz ?  , I'm curious about that  !

the king

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 06:17:14 pm »
i would have thault carbon would were quicker than hibrid !

johnny bravo

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 09:14:38 pm »
JUST BUY ON VISA CARD , PAY BACK MONTHLY   if finances are tight.      canvass a few more customers to pay for it out right.  Smilley face then.
Im doing ok for new customers atm,     for some reason.     getting gutter cleaning jobs, saying ok ill get them done,  and too busy on the Glass.  haha.  PUTTING THEM IN THE BACK GROUND AND FORGETTING ABOUT THEM.
ready for my holliday in Palma second week in Oct. AI. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

jonny thompson

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 10:41:44 am »
I found the cheaper clx lasted longer as my slx snapped as their isn't as much flex

dd

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 12:42:26 pm »
I have not worn out my slx but personal observation is that it wears better than the clx, so I would expect slx to last longer.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 01:24:25 pm »
My current slx25 every day pole is approx 5 years old and still going strong!!
Comfortably Numb!