This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny bravo

Re: "Financially Un-viable"
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 12:14:36 pm »
i usually put a few up at a time to see what the feed back is. usually only a pound,  it dosent sound as much as 2 POUND.
It does make a big difference that £1 extra.    could be an extra few hundred pound a month
    the north east is very competitive atm  , everyone giving daft prices.  im just glad i have the amount of customers i have gained.   i am always getting calls from newbie customers,      if they are in my encachment area i may do them,  but not at a low price to please them.       i can easilly walk away now not feeling guilty that i charge them a higher quote than i would have done when starting out.
Pressure washing , ive had loads but stopped doing this last year,  just have not got the time to let my regular customers get behind.       Theres always someone waiting to jump in.

Slacky

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 12:18:12 pm »
Chances are if a rise in price is too much for them to swallow they'd find paying on time awkward. Be grateful, you've got rid of someone who negatively influences your cash flow instead of second guessing them.

Marc Stock

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 11:41:57 am »
I put my prices up by a fiver in some cases and other cases £1, or £2 last year.

Not lost one customer due to price increases. The key to it is to not bring too much attention to it.

If you send them a long essay describing that the prices are increasing or 'going up' and how you can't swallow the extra costs yadda yadda yadda.... your bringing attention to it.

I send a very short but consise letter, in with their window cleaning bill that prices are being adjusted. I simply state the new price will now be £xx from the next clean going forward..simple

So they see their current bill  £30 and the letter says the price is being adjusted to  £32 they already have the 30 figure in their head and when they read £32 it's not a shock as 2 vs 30 is small.

But if you send a letter saying YOUR PRICES ARE GOING UP BY £2. your already programming a negative reaction before they have been finished reading the sentence, and the solo £2 sticks out in their head vs 32..

Just need to use a bit of foresight with these things guys..

tlwcs

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 08:29:37 pm »
Thank you for your text but it's financially un-viable for me to continue at the old rate. See ya 😁

H2GoKent

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2017, 06:21:51 am »
Once a year, same time every year (so they can't say 'but you just put it up') increase your price at least by inflation.
Review your work, increase the messers by more a lot than the rest.
I write a short letter saying something like 'costs are always increasing blah blah blah, from the ...of...the price to clean your windows will increase to...thank you for your loyal custom'

If you forget to did this, you can find yourself facing a paycut as inflation bites into your earnings.
Value your time.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2017, 07:37:18 am »
Once a year, same time every year (so they can't say 'but you just put it up') increase your price at least by inflation.
I write a short letter saying something like 'costs are always increasing blah blah blah, from the ...of...the price to clean your windows will increase to...thank you for your loyal custom'

If you forget to did this, you can find yourself facing a paycut as inflation bites into your earnings.
Value your time.

personally i think putting up prices every year is too often.everything isnt going up every year at all.prices go down as well as up but we dont ever put our prices down do we?(petrol/diesel for example)

price higher/work harder!

H2GoKent

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 04:05:56 pm »

Value your time.

personally i think putting up prices every year is too often.everything isnt going up every year at all.prices go down as well as up but we dont ever put our prices down do we?(petrol/diesel for example)
Up to you mate, but inflation is running at 3% overall.
I always aim to earn more this year than last in real terms. You only have a finite amount of time so you should use it well.

Doesn't your tag line say 'price higher work harder'?
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 05:06:36 pm »

Value your time.

Up to you mate, but inflation is running at 3% overall.
I always aim to earn more this year than last in real terms. You only have a finite amount of time so you should use it well.

Doesn't your tag line say 'price higher work harder'?

yep it does.it was something i put there a few years ago to give me a bit of motivation.ive earned more every years for over 7 years now due to price rises and taking on better quality work at higher prices(in fact £22,000-£23,000 more on top of my previous normal annual earnings)but i still think a price rise every year for regular customers is too often.
price higher/work harder!