Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craig A Moore

smells in carpet
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:18:05 pm »
what dose everyone use. I have been asked to clean up a carpet which has the worst smell ever I'm now thinking will my pro chem deodoriser work Yes this smell is bad they think its fish juices that has been left for weeks. do have zybax also but anyone else have good smell remover  ??????
Thanks Craig

derikraven

Re: smells in carpet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:16:20 am »
This could be a major problem! If it is fish juice and it has been spilt on the carpet in some quantity it could be virtually impossible to remove. The juice could be in the underlay. If possible try to identify where the smell is coming from. If you can do this then, if possible , lift the carpet to see the extent of the contamination. If the smell seems to be coming from all over the carpet it may be that the juices were dribbled all over the place in which case a thorough clean and deodorise may suffice. Treat this contamination the same way as you would with problems associated with unneutered  Tom cat pee. Good luck. :)

Craig A Moore

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:20:04 am »
Good Idea thanks for that. think I will need luck on this one

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:32:19 am »
I used to clean a fish factory office which had a terrible fish smell problem, I used chemspec odour kill plus always worked a treat. But this was on commercial glued down carpet might be different of a domestic home
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Craig A Moore

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 07:29:50 pm »
well done Job this afternoon think its gone well lol that was the worst smell ever lifted carpet it was all in underlay took a while but seems to be all gone

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »
 ::)roll ???