This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

ordered hose reel for trolley
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:30:10 pm »

Easy peasey hose reel to side of trolley. Just plug in pole and walk!!
No more messing wrapping hose up after ive used trolley on one job.
This is another little project to speed things up and very easy to do.
If im not mistaken ive not seen anyone else adapt this for a trolley yet and ive searched you tube vids for ideas...
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

Re: ordered hose reel for trolley
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:08:38 pm »

Easy peasey hose reel to side of trolley. Just plug in pole and walk!!
No more messing wrapping hose up after ive used trolley on one job.
This is another little project to speed things up and very easy to do.
If im not mistaken ive not seen anyone else adapt this for a trolley yet and ive searched you tube vids for ideas...

Perhaps you should ask yourself why  ;D. hand it to you you sure know how to over complicate things, go back and read the last line of your last post on your DIY trolley thread  ;D 

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
I dont see how a small attachment makes it over complicating it, compared to wrapping a hose around your arms to wind it it and stick over the top of ur trolley. Lol is having a hose reel in your van over complicating it??

Now these i would say are over comlicating it;
https://youtu.be/gFZrsGZ3W1c
https://youtu.be/jNrVSk0Yc0g
https://youtu.be/euyLJjou5mc

Where as a small washing line type hose reel which retracts and swings out the way when not in use is somehow over complicating it for the sake of it 😕😕
Yet its compact, light weight and a simple quick release to plug your pole hose into makes it easier, faster without over complicating it for the sake of it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:40:14 pm »
looks like an auto rewind which means pulling the hose out is going to have a lot of tension so if its near the top of the trolley there's a good chance it will pull it over when at a distance  pulling the hose out . It can be a pain in the arse pulling the hose out and it not trying to rewind in (does on the normal hozelock type ones).  You mentioned before you only do the odd house with a trolley, you'll probably have to clean them for a year just to get your money back for what its cost and the time spent on building it.
Not knocking you weve all been there wasting time and money on things that are not needed but at the time thought was a good idea, your just going through your phase  ;D

And of course having a hose reel in your van is not overcomplicating things your just being daft there. Jeeze how much hose are you putting on the trolley

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 03:08:13 pm »
K.I.S.S.  ;D
backpack
tubeless kit
10 meters of pole hose
bag to carry pole hose

The point of a portable backpack or trolley system is just that - its portable

slap bash

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 10:12:26 pm »
You must be joking mostly everything has been done already many moons ago. This self reeling hose has been done before. I first read on this forum 10 years ago as well as electric reels by a chap called Slumpy. Don`t try re-eventing the wheel.

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 09:53:23 am »
I looked at doing this before and I'm sure someone posted a pic of it on a thread I started, maybe Damien?
I've chucked a couple of houses here and there due to parking but if I still had a portable (for window cleaning only)  I could have kept them. I'm now thinking of fixing an old backpack or buying a new one but I don't have the time or motivation to do a diy for window cleaning.
It's not a bad idea for a winter project though.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:57 am »
I made a trolley when I first started out, lots of hose reel on it, controller etc.

I soon got fed up with refilling it and running out of water mid job. And humping  the bloody thing about.

Since then I bought a backpack and stuck it on a lightweight cheap trolley with a very short hose.

Buy the main thing I did was to get rid of backpack jobs and not take any on with poor access or no parking. I certainly don't do through the house jobs.

Using a trolley is rubbish, they are heavy, they run out of water, I can't stand the things. I don't know how anyone can use them all day.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:22 am »
K.I.S.S.  ;D
backpack
tubeless kit
10 meters of pole hose
bag to carry pole hose

I agree.

Apart from the bag and 10m hose.that's seems a bit overcomplicating it?

I just pick my pole up and my backpack and away we go.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:48:48 am »
Nathan . The best small hose reel is the claber aquapony . £25 . We have 2 trolleys with backpacks strapped on em . Both have these reels attached. Easily get 30 metres of pole hose on em .

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 11:57:33 am »
Nathan . The best small hose reel is the claber aquapony . £25 . We have 2 trolleys with backpacks strapped on em . Both have these reels attached. Easily get 30 metres of pole hose on em .
If she comes and builds it for me , im getting a couple of them  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 12:02:31 pm »

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »
I made a trolley when I first started out, lots of hose reel on it, controller etc.

I soon got fed up with refilling it and running out of water mid job. And humping  the bloody thing about.

Since then I bought a backpack and stuck it on a lightweight cheap trolley with a very short hose.

Buy the main thing I did was to get rid of backpack jobs and not take any on with poor access or no parking. I certainly don't do through the house jobs.

Using a trolley is rubbish, they are heavy, they run out of water, I can't stand the things. I don't know how anyone can use them all day.

I do alot of houses on a street at a time, not one here and another on a seperate street. Sometimes ie school collection times the street might be full of parked cars. Therefore periodically access is difficult where normally it wouldnt be, hence i have a trolley.

I agree using a trolley all day or even half a day is frustrating and pointless if you have a van mount anyway.  But for me, whenni do want to use it, i want it just as quick and efficient as my van mount.........hence a better design and pump than a back pack straped to a trolley.   
The retractable hose is ideal as its not big or cumbersome. My trolley folds virtually flat and the handle slides down so i can not fixed normal hose reels to it because then it will become a faff reconnecting it all b4 using it. Whereas this reel is small, can swing to the side and all i do is connect my brush n walk..........easy peasey
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »
It's all about mindset, changing from 25l containers to a tank can seem like a pain and it does have it's restrictions. 

carl stanton

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 05:34:30 pm »
If it works for you and the jobs you have then go for it.
I have a lot of country work and some houses it just works time and effort wise better using a trolly. I thought about doing the same with the airhise reel.

I do think a good point was made regarding the trolly tipping when pulling on the hose, perhaps place the reel lower if their is a sweet point of not tipping and not catching the floor when moving the trolly

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2017, 06:51:08 pm »
K.I.S.S.  ;D
backpack
tubeless kit
10 meters of pole hose
bag to carry pole hose

I agree.

Apart from the bag and 10m hose.that's seems a bit overcomplicating it?

I just pick my pole up and my backpack and away we go.
................ and I can too. But unlike you I choose to do a lot of through the house jobs. On those occasions carrying the hose coiled up in a bag disconnected from the pole ( exceed tubeless ) makes much more sense - less chance of drips or mess .  ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 07:48:25 pm »
I have a lot of country work and some houses it just works time and effort wise better using a trolly. I thought about doing the same with the airhise reel.

I do think a good point was made regarding the trolly tipping when pulling on the hose, perhaps place the reel lower if their is a sweet point of not tipping and not catching the floor when moving the trolly

Thats exactly what i have planned. I plan on another little video for my you tube channel to show it in action as i hope to be receiving it in next couple of days.
But from previous photos or vid, (if youve seen it) the front is taken up by the barrel which is connected to the pump at the bottom  (not through lid) and i have the pump box at the rear so mostly a balance of weight when full of water. Obviously by time the water is depleted (if that wud ever happen on one house for me) i would already have the hose pulled out. So unless im clumbsy to over stretch the hose, the chance of the trolley tipping simply wont happen!  However as the handle rises and lowers for storage, the only ideal point of fixing the reel is to the side of the trolley and at same height (kinda) as the water container and pump box so i should by all logic be ok.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »

Thats exactly what i have planned. I plan on another little video for my you tube channel to show it in action as i hope to be receiving it in next couple of days.
But from previous photos or vid, (if youve seen it) the front is taken up by the barrel which is connected to the pump at the bottom  (not through lid) and i have the pump box at the rear so mostly a balance of weight when full of water. Obviously by time the water is depleted (if that wud ever happen on one house for me) i would already have the hose pulled out. So unless im clumbsy to over stretch the hose, the chance of the trolley tipping simply wont happen!  However as the handle rises and lowers for storage, the only ideal point of fixing the reel is to the side of the trolley and at same height (kinda) as the water container and pump box so i should by all logic be ok.

Look at it this way , if it dont work you will be able to make your other half one hell of a retractable washing line  ;D ;D

paul alan

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 09:18:56 pm »
I love my van mount, and so does the work I choose.

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:35 pm »
K.I.S.S.  ;D
backpack
tubeless kit
10 meters of pole hose
bag to carry pole hose

10 meters of hose=semi portable