This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Coiling Hose Problems
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:12:34 am »
So i've been using the standard Yellow Gardiners pole hose.  Never really had any problems with it, does the job just fine.  However in the last 4 weeks or so it's just started coiling really badly.  To the point where i cant even extend the pole more than 2 sections without it getting wrapped around base of the pole and causing a right nuisance and time wasting etc.

Whats the best way to deal with this?  Is it best too just replace with some new hose?  I'm not bothered about spending the money i just need efficiency and anything that saves time during the working day.

I dont really want to get a different type of hose because ive used this hose by and large for 2 years and never really had any problems as i say until recently where coiling is now a massive problem.

Cheers

dazmond

Re: Coiling Hose Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:47:48 am »
i use PU pole hose and find its ok and very hard wearing but all hose coils up,twists and kinks from time to time.i simply disconnect from my main hose and straighten it out before reconnecting.
price higher/work harder!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:20:35 am »
i use PU pole hose and find its ok and very hard wearing but all hose coils up,twists and kinks from time to time.i simply disconnect from my main hose and straighten it out before reconnecting.

Where do you get PU hose from?  I know what you mean about twists and kinks, but at the moment mine is literally constant.  Even if i straighten it out, within a couple of houses its coiled so badly i cant extend the pole to do upstairs unless i physically untwist it for every time i need to extent pole.  It's just a massive added waste of time.  I've had the usual coils twists and kinks but this is all the time at the moment.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:41:13 am »
I use Gardiners green pu pole hose. No hose is without issues but do find it to be better than their standard yellow stuff.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:29:08 pm »
I use the Gardiners thicker yellow pole hose now  , as I used to have that problem too with the thin stuff

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 12:59:42 pm »
Hi have the same issue with the blue univalve hose.  :(

Shaun

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:23 pm »

Shaun

Was just about to order that hose as ive ordered 2 new univalves, kind of glad i didn't order the hose!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:44 pm »
I use the Gardiners thicker yellow pole hose now  , as I used to have that problem too with the thin stuff

Hmm, okay will look into that.  Thanks

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 02:27:49 pm »
Or just cut a fresh new piece of hose for the pole if its been fine for a while.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 02:38:20 pm »

Shaun

Was just about to order that hose as ive ordered 2 new univalves, kind of glad i didn't order the hose!

this is the hose i use and i find it excellent mate(blue exceed hose).i ordered 50m of it a few years ago and itll probably last me 20 years its that hardwearing.highly recommended.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 02:44:40 pm »
Or just cut a fresh new piece of hose for the pole if its been fine for a while.

How often do most people change and replace their pole hose?  I rarely ever change mine, like maybe once a year.  Maybe thats my problem.

p1w1

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 04:05:55 pm »

How often do most people change and replace their pole hose?  I rarely ever change mine, like maybe once a year.  Maybe thats my problem.
i generally put new stuff on once/twice a year, mainly new stuff for when it starts getting really cold as in the summer months the hose tends to stretch a bit i find and starts to tangle a bit. But as said there isn't really any hose thats not going to cause issues. You could try taking the hose out the pole and soaking it in hot water for 10 mins and then re coil it up, helps for a little while to keep its shape( especially in the colder months)
But you can get 30mt of the stuff for about £15 so not that expensive if you change it a few times a year or when it starts to get a mind of its own.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2017, 05:02:56 pm »
I used to use the Gardiner's yellow all season hose.  Never had any issues with it twisting up that couldn't be sorted quickly with proper management.  What really helps is if you have a tubeless setup.  You can then quickly disconnect the hose at the base of your pole, untwist it till it lays flat and reconnect.  My main issue wth the yellow stuff was it kept splitting where it entered the pole.  I now use Gardiner's green PU hose. 
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 07:53:25 pm »
Might not be too helpful, but i use the thicker yellow one from gardiner on my main pole with the 14 inch brush. I have it inside the pole and then a male rectus fitting at the end, that clips into waist height the female rectus fitting on a tap valve.
I very rarely have twists n kinks in it, but if i do its a simple case of spinning/unwinding it whilst connected as it spins freely in the fitting.

However my 2nd pole i have the quick valve goosneck from gardiner and a thick green hose that i got from ebay so not sure which one it is. (Both cope well with the hot water that i use). But this kinks and twists constantly and i think its due to the push fit in the gooseneck as it doesnt allow the hose to turn. So to un twist the hose i have to literally spin the pole around to unravel the hose.
So i find that sometimes its more the fittings than the hose itself which is the problem
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:37:08 pm »

ive not changed mine since i bought 2 univalves a few years ago.no need as its still useable(just like the uni valves!)

robbo333

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 07:20:27 pm »
I've just started using Gardiners green pu hose as my pole hose and so far it's very good.
I used to use Gardiners reinforced pole hose (which I think makes a better main hose than pole hose!)
As for the pole hose coiling up, I usually reel in the hose, with the pole connected and using a cloth to wipe the hose, and stop at about 6 foot.
You'll see the coils you have left from winding in.
I just twist the pole round until you see the coils unwinding, don't even disconnect!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:25 pm »
All hose does it after a while, the gardiners yellow is the worst, only had mine on 2 months and its at it already

best stuff ive used is clear stuff from b&q, its only about £1.50 a metre so usually lasts 6 months then wang it and get some more

duncan h

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 08:08:09 pm »

Shaun

Used it for 2 years. Its one of the better ones. You cant use soft hose with a univalve

colin bird

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:16 pm »
Remove the pole hose put in very hot water for a couple of mins then take it out and straighten it,this will help for a couple of days,but it will coil up again,also the cold weather makes the hose stiffer and causes coiling