Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

« on: September 10, 2017, 10:21:34 am »
Hi all

Ive a successful window and gutter cleaning business and was thinking of branching out into carpet cleaning. Any idea of tips and initial investment of equipment. What do i need and what do i need to know? Ive looked at youtube vids and posts on here etc etc

Mike Halliday

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:16:18 am »
If you are successfully running  a window & gutter cleaning business I would put all your effort building that up rather than trying carpet/upholstery cleaning, it's a massive investment in time to be competent in carpet & upholstery cleaning. unless you can give it a100% dedication you won't be a success,  and as the Chinese proverb says ......'if you are chasing 2 rabbits you will catch neither'
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

benny d

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:45:03 pm »
>>......'if you are chasing 2 rabbits you will catch neither'<<  Grasshopper  ;D
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Michael H Jones

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:42:36 pm »
"if boss offend with wage, offend boss with work"

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:20:19 am »
it would be good if you let him know which machine to buy etc, i dont see it a bad idea he has alot of regualr customers and when its horrible weather he could arrange a carpet clean once a year and as he already does a good job and they know him they will use him
i think its a good idea please let us know which machine would do the job and best value for money for a start up
i would personally only do it casually and be happy if i did 2-3 a month alongside main work

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:59:09 am »
If you are doing this just part time then buy a small jaguar cub or a airflex mini with 50 ft of hoses.

A Sebo vacuum cleaner
A sebo duo as a minimum
Carpet Cleaning Chemicals

All this will cost you a maximum of £2k.

Also, don't forget about the training!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 09:48:23 am »
If you are doing this just part time then buy a small jaguar cub or a airflex mini with 50 ft of hoses.

A Sebo vacuum cleaner
A sebo duo as a minimum
Carpet Cleaning Chemicals

All this will cost you a maximum of £2k.

Also, don't forget about the training!

Thank you training seems a good idea too
Any links to these products maybe eBay second hand ?

Jon R Burns

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 09:44:41 pm »
Hi,

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but getting some training would be the first thing before investing in equipment. I'm glad I did a course before buying anything. I do jet washing, guttering, end of tenancy cleaning, conservatories etc as well, so am not a carpet master, but have still spent about £3k on equipment and have had plenty of satisfied customers over past 8 months.

You've probably got a good customer base to get work from, but having something like the NCCA or TACCA behind you would reassure your customers you're not a cowboy, however, if you've a busy round could you handle the CC as well?

Jennifer w

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 11:16:25 am »
Jon,

So being (paying) to be in NCCA or Tacca proves you arnt a cowboy??

Can you explain the logic here please?

Cheers

Jen

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 02:07:57 pm »
Jon,

So being (paying) to be in NCCA or Tacca proves you arnt a cowboy??

Can you explain the logic here please?

Cheers

Jen

Being a member of either requires having a certain level of training.
Being a member of TACCA used to require a certain level of equipment and insurance too. Not sure if it still does as I didn't carry on when it changed.