Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alex hynds

Airflex pro
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:49:08 pm »
How do guys.
I've got an airflex pro 400psi which has developed a fault with the pump.
When I turn the pump on its not engaging all I can hear is a very faint humming. I've tried to prime the pump using the red priming hose but nothing. I've opened the machine and the pump motor is getting extremely hot (too hot to touch).
Anyone any ideas how to repair. Does it require a new motor or pump head? I'm confident I can replace any parts once I have an idea of what needs replacing.?

Cheers... Alex

john martin

Re: Airflex pro
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 03:13:17 pm »
perhaps detach the pump head from the motor and see if the motor runs by it self , when i had hum before it turned out to a seized bearing in the motor itself ... there was a bearing at the front and back end of the motor ...back one seized . If its that ...these bearing are about $5 from a bearing shop .
If its a seized pump head u can probably get a kit for that .

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 06:09:03 pm »
I had this problem with a replacement pump I had from Cleansmart  It did that right out the box. Even after changing the pump head and bearing. If it is a silver pump rather than the black one which used to come with the 400psi pumps. They are now brushed rather than induction.

I eventually bought an 800psi induction motor & pump from Ashbys and have had no problems since.

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 12:28:00 am »
The pressure is definitely all the way down? Too high and it won't be able to prime properly. Just a thought

AJB

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 06:16:52 pm »
I'm don't know the pump in question, but it sounds
like a start capacitor problem. Or the eccentric cam
bearing could have collapsed.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

alex hynds

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 06:17:42 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. Had a bit of spare time so stripped everything down.
Gave everything a good clean and applied new lube and it started working again although I need a service kit for the pump.
Regards Alex