This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

I'm liking the new Gardiners wide fan jets
« on: September 02, 2017, 07:39:31 pm »
Looks pretty good,  I think they'd be perfect for sfg jobs too- has anyone tried them yet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7m3aCL7SZRQ

P @ F

Re: I'm liking the new Gardiners wide fan jets
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »
Just what I have been waiting for , used to use the green lurmarks that streamline did , never wanted to drill out a Gardiner brush to 11mm though !
These look very much like the same spray pattern , I will be getting me 3 sets of those I thinks !

Good spot matey  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:36:36 am »
I've ordered some to try as well.  They look good from the promo vid.  I just hope they don't vapourise the water too much.

JackieW

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
Yes 100 degree look good.

I now only use fanjet on fascias and conservatory roofs using customers mains pressure  outside tap as I find that the 50 degree ones don't give enough spray on my wfp setup.

I'll give these new ones a try.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 03:55:44 pm »
Never seem to get a flow of water down the glass with fan jets so a lot of grit is left behind.

This could be due to salt sea spray so may only apply in a minority of cases.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

duncan h

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 09:36:35 pm »
Used fan only for a few years now. Always get a  flow. I usually rinse on the glass, so the new ones are ideal for me

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 09:51:27 pm »
which is better for time efficiency?

I have only ever used pencil jets, never used to like the idea of fans.

As time has gone by and the way l clean windows has evolved l think l might like to try these out.

l now rinse on the glass on some windows, not many. l rinse on the glass at the very top of some windows and only pull off the brush as I'm say about 5-10% way down the window on other windows. And the rest get off the glass rinse.

l achieve about 2.5ltr per min through the brush with my sureflow max, would that be enough for fans?

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 11:10:24 pm »
Ive not used fan jets, but ones who know my comments/threads i try to push myself to find out the best/quickest methods for my work.
On the video it showed alot of drift spray above the initial line of the fan spray. Or should i say the window seemed quite wet higher than the initial spray.
(Dont think im explaining this right ::)roll )

Im guessing this is for 2 reasons, high flow and for the point of the demo vid it was shown off glass.  So my question for ones who use fan jets is this normal??genuinely asking as wondering about them for the gardiner rinse bar for my brush on my trolley. But concerned over random splashing compared to direct hitting from pencil jets..........if that makes sense??

But saying that i can always just buy n find out, just thought i'ld ask?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 08:43:48 am »
Yes but he started the video(or atleast it seems) on pencil jet and the above was already sopping wet.

I think if you start your very first part of the rinse with brush on the bristles should curtain the water, once you have travelled say 10% down the pane you should be ok to lift off if you so wish ?

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 09:09:12 am »
Never seem to get a flow of water down the glass with fan jets so a lot of grit is left behind.

This is the problem I used to find with jets that vapourise the water too much.  It has to recondense on the glass before it can form that 'wave' that rinses the bits away.  I found gardiners reds work quite well because the spray is very wet.  Don't know if that makes sense.  I hope the new ones don't vapourise the water too much in the process of widenng the spread.  Should get mine today so we'll see tomorrow

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:16:54 am »
Yes but he started the video(or atleast it seems) on pencil jet and the above was already sopping wet.

I think if you start your very first part of the rinse with brush on the bristles should curtain the water, once you have travelled say 10% down the pane you should be ok to lift off if you so wish ?

This is pretty much what I do when rinsing vented widows.  Rinse on the glass but going back and forth under the vent with brush on the glass two or three times before starting down the glass.  If I'm going to rinse off the glass then I lift the brush off the glass once a few centimeters away from the vent.  I would do this whether using pencils or fans because both will spray into the vent in my experience if you lift the brush directly below the vent while your water is running.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 05:41:00 pm »
OK!  So they came today.  Popped them on my brush and tried them out this afternoon.  They were a loose fit in the old holes. However, once the hose is on, it holds them in place. 
First impressions: 
They are considerably noisier than the reds even at lower flow rates.  I don't mind this at all but it could be an issue if you have nightworkers on your round trying to sleep while you're cleaning their windows.  It's not been an issue for me as yet with the reds.  So only time will tell with these. 
As stated in the promo vid, they do indeed work well at a lower flow rate giving a nice wide spray.  I tried them with my 3lpm sprayer that I use for odd jobs and is normally a little weak for my liking but it produced an excellent spray with these. 
Then I tried them with my 5lpm trolley.  I normally run it at full flow with the reds but it was totally unecessary with these.  They worked really well at about 50-60%.  The lower volume of water coming through them would seemed to give as good a clean and rinse as when runnng flat out with the reds.  We'll have to see how it goes with these, but first impressions are that they are very good.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 05:47:17 pm »
the only concern i have with fans is as above..the spray seems to go too far up the glass, hitting the frame/vents, never tried fans but assume i can be much more accurate with pencils.

mind you wont know until i try so might give them a go

Tony dunmall

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »
They are noisy, I'll give them a go, used fans for years

There very similar to some brass ones I had for years but They affected  my hearing after a while especially when in corners of buildings

Give them a go tomorrow and see

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2017, 06:59:09 pm »
Ive not used fan jets, but ones who know my comments/threads i try to push myself to find out the best/quickest methods for my work.
On the video it showed alot of drift spray above the initial line of the fan spray. Or should i say the window seemed quite wet higher than the initial spray.
(Dont think im explaining this right ::)roll )

Im guessing this is for 2 reasons, high flow and for the point of the demo vid it was shown off glass.  So my question for ones who use fan jets is this normal??genuinely asking as wondering about them for the gardiner rinse bar for my brush on my trolley. But concerned over random splashing compared to direct hitting from pencil jets..........if that makes sense??

But saying that i can always just buy n find out, just thought i'ld ask?
Buy them and find out if they suit you / or particular jobs would be my advice.
As for your above comment,I think you're right.
Fan jets have their place but not for every job for the reasons you've mentioned e.g. vents etc.
I have two brushes - a soft flocked with fans and a medium mono with pencils. The latter gets used the most and on regular cleans. The soft flocked / fan jet gets used on leaded, dirty first cleans , fascias, shop signage, conny roofs etc. ..... its great for these things.
However I don't use the Gardiner red ones anymore because I didn't like the spray pattern / power ( or lack of ) plus over time the plastic hose barbs become brittle and snap. I'd imagine the new black ones would be the same as they are also plastic. I've used the same lumark fan jets for over two years - more powerful, better made, plastic jet but brass barbed hose tail, cost more but they last .

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 11:28:38 pm »
I have vents on most of the properties I clean - I'm all residential - and I don't have any more problems with fans than I did with pencils.  In my experience water will splash up the glass whether you are using pencils or fans unless you have the flow turned right down.  I know many do work like this but I can't clean effeciently like that.  I can get the results, but it's far too slow.  I like the flow quite high as a rule unless I have leaky windows. 
I find the problems with water getting into vents can be handled with brush technique as explained above.  I've used Gardiner's red fans at almost full flow now for 20 months now with few problems.  The only problems I had I dealt with by adjusting my technique.  I'm sure the same will be true with these new ones.  I was getting good results at a much lower flow rate today on the few windows I tried these new ones on, but they need a proper trial before I decide to stick with them or not.

MNWC

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 07:37:25 am »
Used them yesterday afternoon......sounds like hissing sid on the end of your brush  ;D ;D
Never changed the flow rate as i like a good flow at the brush head and i was getting more of a fine mist....ill reduce the flow rate and see what happens . Will be good for gutters and fascias though..... 

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:08 am »
It'd be interesting to see if they change the job as in - water saving? Time saving ? And do they give the same results on windows as the red fan jets do?

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 11:08:59 am »
At last!!!!

will be getting some of these to try, hopefully be as good a Lumark but will save on drilling out brush head

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 04:31:11 pm »
At last!!!!

will be getting some of these to try, hopefully be as good a Lumark but will save on drilling out brush head

Darran

I use the blue lumarks but whilst ordering some new brushes I've bought these new jets
I'll post up at the end of the week and let you know if they're similar, should be here tomorrow