Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetmonsters

Blood removal on carpet New
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »
Hi Apart from m power what else removes blood

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Blood
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 02:50:21 pm »
Microsan by prochem..

Put it down, let it dwell, cold water extract ( if you use hot, you will denature the enzymes and then it stains).

The iron might need spotting with rust remover after, and for better results dry it with an air dryer, that way anything that's deep down or in the fibres won't wick back.

Pre-warn the customer that it might not all come out.

Oh and if there is a lot, don't touch it.. leave it to an expert in that field.. Bloods nasty stuff.. telling a customer you can't do it might make you feel awful, they might kick off and it might feel unprofessional BUT it isn't worth the risk.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 03:52:17 pm »
We had a over pint to remove from a carpet.  Cold water rinse first.  MP sprayed down. Allowed to dwell for 15 minutes, then rinsed. The lot came out.

Allow for a second visit in your quote, as you might have to go back to go over it again as per above.  I won't do another one.  Cleaning the machine out etc ain't good.

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »
Enzymes, M power is just a plant extract detergent.

1, Fresh cold water rinse, flood the area if necessary. Flooding then extracting will eliminate or limit wick back a lot.

2, Spray Craftex Pre enzyme solution down and dwell for 15 mins.

3, Rinse with fresh cold water.

If there is some staining left

1 Apply rust remover (the red in blood is iron)

2 Rinse with cold water

3 If there is still some staining left treat with sod met, eg: craftex shift

Stefan Muller

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03:40 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggzwCO1idQ  you can refer to the link on youtube

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 07:05:34 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BggzwCO1idQ  you can refer to the link on youtube

Crikey making you tube videos for a living sounds like easier work than removing blood stains, Thanks for the tip.

The Great One

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 12:10:04 pm »
Bio logical Persil

It's in the name

Bio logical

Spray area with a Persil solution, leave to dwell, cold water rinse out.

People on here will go crackers at this advice but it will kill all the bacteria and leave a nice smell to boot .

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 02:04:48 pm »
Bio logical Persil

It's in the name

Bio logical

Spray area with a Persil solution, leave to dwell, cold water rinse out.

People on here will go crackers at this advice but it will kill all the bacteria and leave a nice smell to boot .

Its Biological because it contains enzymes.

You can clean entire carpets with washing powder, however there are better and more specific products..... and to be fair they are not really that expensive.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 05:05:26 pm »
It takes some right rinsing out though.

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:32 pm »
I previously mentioned that M Power is "just a plant based detergent" and that enzymes are a better choice for blood. Nick however has put me right on the fact it does have anti bacterial properties verified by Defra lab testing. Therefore it appears my statement is not entirely true. I will be interested to trial M Power against my existing method of removing blood using enzymes.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
To be fair, M Power works pretty well on any natural staining, it's my go to for when they have dogs, whereas Microsan is a bit more specific in it's uses..

tim handley

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 08:40:45 pm »
i always use enzall.    mix hot, let it cool down, spray dwell extract. repeat till its gone. Advise another visit most likely and work into price...... never had a problem, only had to go back to one, mind you, i had to go back three times..........

sean oregan

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »
I previously mentioned that M Power is "just a plant based detergent" and that enzymes are a better choice for blood. Nick however has put me right on the fact it does have anti bacterial properties verified by Defra lab testing. Therefore it appears my statement is not entirely true. I will be interested to trial M Power against my existing method of removing blood using enzymes.

Have you tried bio clean from Restoremate.
Much better actually see it working

Robin Ray

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »

No I haven't tried that maybe I will get some with my next order, I just had a look and there is a 1 liter bottle i can try out too. http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/Nem08. Am I right in thinking this is essentially the same product as M Power?

sean oregan

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 03:01:01 pm »

No I haven't tried that maybe I will get some with my next order, I just had a look and there is a 1 liter bottle i can try out too. http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/Nem08. Am I right in thinking this is essentially the same product as M Power?

It's a colloid!!!
But a by far superior one imo.

tim handley

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
its a bit cheaper than m power, or it was last time i looked. Also because its availible from restormate in litre bottles and dilutes down so well you dont have shell out so much and it still lasts for ages........

Robin Ray

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 06:10:59 pm »
The good thing about Restoremate is its a one stop shop too.

sean oregan

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 07:24:19 pm »
The good thing about Restoremate is its a one stop shop too.

I know, alltec , chemspec, prochem and their own Label under one roof.
Oh yes and great honest advice to boot when needed.