Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Compressor as a pump
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:40:55 am »
I was thinking of adding/replacing  a compressor to my spotting machine the idea is to have a small hand held extractor that could as well as spray it could also have the ability to generate  foam perhaps John Martin could add his thoughts?

Sergio

Re: Compressor as a pump
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:08:01 am »
I was thinking of adding/replacing  a compressor to my spotting machine the idea is to have a small hand held extractor that could as well as spray it could also have the ability to generate  foam perhaps John Martin could add his thoughts?
+1

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:29:13 am »
Has Nick's foam generator not come out yet Shaun?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:12 pm »
I don't tbh I think it's been on the go for some years so it'll be a see it when it happens, it would be nice to see it in the flesh.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 08:43:56 pm »
Woodbridge used to have one for the Ice machines - found the same/similar foam gen on some Chinese sites that you can buy for half the cost but you have to then trust it turning up!

john martin

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 09:57:00 pm »
Hi , theres this thing ... perhaps someone here has owned one
http://www.santoemma.com/default.php?t=ecomm&eid=00014&vimgd=&el1=100&el2=10030

i really wouldnt know where to start converting your spotter ... without looking into it all and experimenting
Perhaps Alltec would be up for the challenge ? might be difficult in a small space .

Couple of years ago i picked up a chinese tornado foam gun ...  and there happened to be a briefcase size mini compressor in lidl for me to try .   Worked good . but the compressor made a hourendous grating noise when running , put me off using it .
so i pretty much did little foam wise since . 
Lately iv picked some evans dri-foam , cleaned a couch with a sponge and mit couple of times .did a rug with the rotary and foam and a hotel lobby  , i def intend to do more  shampooing or foaming or encaping or whatever when suitable .
What do intend to use it for yourself ? do people generally  use foam much ?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 07:28:29 am »
I like the idea of aired foam cleaning and then hwe the more soiled areas if a small extractor could be fitted then  I could change the solution to hwe with it there are a few different ways of manufacture the Von schraders method which is vacuum motor in reverse or compressor both adding air.