Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Technical advice
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:05:27 am »
I changed the k valve on my twin jet wand yesterday also I cleaned the two jet filters, I then tested and had issues, as soon as press the trigger I get a nice even spray but it's  only lasting 2 seconds then it's dribbling out, if i continuously hold down the trigger it just not spraying at all, any ideas what this could be? Thanks

gwrightson

Re: Technical advice
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:21:20 am »

Are you saying the problem has occurred after you changed the valve ?
If so, I would suggest the problem is with the valve.

If this was the problem before hand ,have you cleaned the main filter.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 08:43:37 am »
You've loosened some crap up and it followed the hose down to The jets, take off the jets then pull the trigger see if you have good flow. Did you use PTFE tape? Maybe some has come loose and got in the jet
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Stephen burton

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:58:49 am »
Hi Mike I have taken both jets completely off and still not getting any flow, could it be anything to do with the blue solution hose on the wand? Only problem is the nuts are quite rusted if I need to undo them.

Stephen burton

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 10:04:54 am »
What I have also tried is taken the valve off the wand and squirting water out that way and it's doing the same dribbling out of there

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 10:43:07 am »
Can you take the QC off the machine and make sure you are getting flow into the solution line, it's about working along the flow chain checking for flow until you find  the blockage

Stephen burton

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 10:51:08 am »
What is the qc sorry I'm very new to this, my machine is the steampro 2000 it's quite accessible once opened up

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 11:21:53 am »
Quick connector the male or female connector you have on your tools, hoses, machine etc

Stephen burton

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 12:07:44 pm »
Hi Mike all my solution hoses are new I have noticed I do have a leak on the connection on the machine could this affect anything it's only a very slight drip

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 01:17:38 pm »
Turn your machine pump on without a solution line fitted, either push a screwdriver into the connector to open the spring  (water should spurt out or fit a QC into the machine, you need to find were the solution stops.

If your pump is pumping and it being supplied with water then it's a case of following the water route until it stops

Dave_Lee

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 03:30:20 pm »
New valve so good spring etc. This may be way off the mark but you never know. When you pull the trigger does it pull all the way to the wand tube. Sometimes the trigger on some wands gradually weaken and bend near the connection to the valve, meaning that what was once a fully opened valve, becomes less and less opened as the trigger bends. Having fitted a new valve it requires extra force on the trigger and it just may have bent it to a degree that the valve is hardly open if at all. Ive had to replace many triggers because of this over the years.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Stephen burton

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »
I think I have found the problem, I took the 2 screws out of the front of the machine  and lifted it as far as it would let me and then pressed the trigger and it was working fine so I'm guessing a pipe maybe kinked or getting squashed somehow

john aitken

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 12:26:14 pm »
I had this problem and it was filter blocked in tank
Are you saying the problem has occurred after you changed the valve ?
If so, I would suggest the problem is with the valve.

If this was the problem before hand ,have you cleaned the main filter.

Geoff

john aitken

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 12:27:14 pm »
I had this problem and it was filter blocked in tank [fresh]