This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

awl

do i really need one???????
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:58:59 pm »
hi to you all again. :) ;)
i was wondering, we are changing over soon to wfp, do we really need a 1000 litre storage tank or can we use a smaller one.and if so where is the best place to get one from?
 :-\  :-\  :-\
mandy and angie
awl
We go by the name of THE ALL WEATHER LEATHERS.

Chris Cottrell

Re: do i really need one???????
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:04:24 pm »
I use 210l water butt from sankey plus I store in 10 x 25l water containers , does me just fine I use around 200l per day

Chris

awl

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:01 pm »
I use 210l water butt from sankey plus I store in 10 x 25l water containers , does me just fine I use around 200l per day

Chris
thanks chris. but what ro system are you using, and have sankey got web site.there , are two of us, we will be using a trolley system each will that tank be enough,

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:48:18 pm »
I use a 200 gpd RO sys with 700ml DI pumped, as for the tank if that's not enough then get 2 or 3 maybe they come from B&Q Norwich I think it was £30 or so

And I use a trolley also (diy version that is) you re welcome to come have a look - I should have posted that on your previous post regarding help I suppose  ::)

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 09:49:14 pm »
Hi Mandy

In a word.. no.

The 210 ltr tank wont be enough for the 2 of you.

What you can do if you dont want a 1000 ltr IBC tank is to get 2 x water butts and connect them together. That would give you 420 ltrs storage for your water.

You could get away with that. The reason many folks use the IBC's is that you can fill it right up over say the weekend and you start your week with 1000ltrs. Plenty of water and then you just top up as needed during the week.

Hope this helps

Andrew

OOps just seen Chris's reply.  Yes you can link as many of the butts together as you need. Having said that if you can use the 1000ltr one it should only cost you around the same as a water butt. A decent 2nd hand one that is.

awl

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:01:52 pm »
Hi Mandy

In a word.. no.

What you can do if you dont want a 1000 ltr IBC tank is to get 2 x water butts and connect them together. That would give you 420 ltrs storage for your water.

You could get away with that. The reason many folks use the IBC's is that you can fill it right up over say the weekend and you start your week with 1000ltrs. Plenty of water and then you just top up as needed during the week.

Hope this helps

Andrew

OOps just seen Chris's reply.  Yes you can link as many of the butts together as you need. Having said that if you can use the 1000ltr one it should only cost you around the same as a water butt. A decent 2nd hand one that is.

hi andrew
thanks for that advice,, how long does a 1000 tank of water usually last for, and thanks for your e-mail, i will be in touch soon, all these questions keep popping in my head,someone said that you cant keep them outside in the winter, is this true? looks like thunder here  :o  ;D

awl

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 10:03:46 pm »
Hi Mandy

In a word.. no.

Hope this helps

Andrew

hi andrew
thanks for that advice,, how long does a 1000 tank of water usually last for, and thanks for your e-mail, i will be in touch soon, all these questions keep popping in my head,someone said that you cant keep them outside in the winter, is this true? looks like thunder here  :o  ;D
i forgot to ask does the price you gave me include a pump or dont we need one ::)

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 10:07:15 pm »
I use a 400ltr upright as a storage tank.
This lasts me 1 day.

If there are 2 of you depending on how much work you have and how much water you are going to use.
Is get a 600ltr IBC tank or a 650 ltr upright tank

Paul

Trevor Knight

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
Hi Mandy,

In my vehicles I run teams of 2 operatives and each team has a 650ltr upright tank in their van. By the end of ther day most if not all the water is used.

It is common for the lads to complete anything from 40-80 houses in a day, obviously depending on size.

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:19:19 pm »
Hi again Mandy

NO it didnt include a tranfer pump. BUT  just for you OK it does now  :-*

Water use is a bit of a how long is a piece of string type question. It all depends on what your workload is really. We always top up our IBC's  ( we have 2 ) when they get to around half full. With the RO you are getting you will be able to turn it on in the evening when you finish with the IBC half full and it will be almost full again next morning.

Thats why I and many others like the IBC's. You dont have to watch them like a hawk and should never run out of water.

Look forward to hearing from you again real soon.

Andrew

craig jwc

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »
someone said that you cant keep them outside in the winter, is this true? looks like thunder here  :o  ;D

If you insulate you tank and pipes you shouldn't have a problem.

awl

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 10:37:55 pm »
Hi again Mandy

Water use is a bit of a how long is a piece of string type question. It all depends on what your workload is really. We always top up our IBC's  ( we have 2 ) when they get to around half full. With the RO you are getting you will be able to turn it on in the evening when you finish with the IBC half full and it will be almost full again next morning.

Thats why I and many others like the IBC's. You dont have to watch them like a hawk and should never run out of water.

Andrew

thank you very much for all your help and advice andrew,what sort of di transfer pump will you be supplying so i can let angie know, :D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 10:53:57 pm »

Chris
thanks chris. but what ro system are you using, and have sankey got web site.there , are two of us, we will be using a trolley system each will that tank be enough,

I don't think that tank will be enough.  On an exceptionally heavy day, I have used as much as 700 litres on my own (first clean and lots of glass mostly on one job).  Most of the time, 300-400 litres is enough.  You need to imagine what your heaviest day might be like and plan for that.  This may well involve a job you don't have yet.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 11:26:16 pm »
Hi again Mandy

Andrew

thank you very much for all your help and advice andrew,what sort of di transfer pump will you be supplying so i can let angie know, :D

A submersible one Mandy.  You will need a mains power supply for it. It's easy to set up and use. It just sits in the bottom of your tank. ( another reason I like IBC's because they have large lids to pop these in) it has a large bore hose with a tap on the end. You just switch it on and open your tap. It shifts a lot of water very quickly at low pressure so it doesnt go all over the place.

About winter..  Another good thing about the 1000ltr IBC is that even if the top inch or so of the water is frozen you can still use the unfrozen water underneath. It is best to insulate it though. A very easy job to do and costs peanuts.

It works well.. We use the same set-up all the time.. and.. I run 3 guys from it.

It's been a hard night here on the forum. I only got into supplying the equipment I had used myself because I believed that many other window cleaners could benefit from it.

I am not a quitter. I believe in my products and what I do. Yes I do have a company to run so profits have to be made. ( Getting a few things off my chest here now) I am human and fallable..  I get things wrong sometimes..  Thank God I am having a small break from tomorrow till next Monday. I am ready for it.

Ohh BTW Mandy.. the guys at work ( all great guys actually and very dedicated) hope.. pray..  well kinda drool about maybe seeing you and Angie soon  lol.

Bl##dy hell Ozzie Osbourne is on the TV.. if this pace keeps up I am gonna end up like him..  lol  nighttt :)

surecleansystems

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 09:39:38 am »

,someone said that you cant keep them outside in the winter, is this true? looks like thunder here  :o  ;D

Hi Mandy
Its ok to keep IBC tank out over winter but when it freezing you dont want to be leaving your ro unit outside as it will freeze and damage the membranes. Its needs to be insulated or some guys even bring them in at night. 
Arthur