This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

generator kva/power?
« on: August 13, 2017, 06:51:47 pm »
Hi Guys
Is there a way of testing a generator to establish how much power it generates? I seem to have a gennie that thinks it is 6.5 kva but from a Honda 6.5 gx270?
Cheers

Smudger

Re: generator kva/power?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:29:00 pm »
no labels ??

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:32:12 pm »
Hi Darran
Yes, it is supposedly a genuine Honda Gx270 and the stickers/labels state it is 6.5 hp, 6.5kw and "up to" 6.5kva. I bought it online a few years ago and it certainly looks like a genuine Honda but as someone explained to me over the weekend, a Gx270 with 6.5 hp could not generate 6.5kva.
I'm looking to clear space in the garage and it's one of the things I'm looking to sell but don't want to rip anyone off.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:06 pm »
I would have thought it depended on the "generator" part not the engine

I don't think kw = kva - I'll have look for you

If selling what's the price😋

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »
week,  just looked at the conversion of kw to Kva - jeeze  a degree is required - hopefully someone with an electrical background like spruce could help

Darran

TomCrowther

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:08 pm »
I sold it to a guy for £430 but he tested it at home and reckoned it was def not 6.5 kva. He heeded to run two things that need a lot of power and so being the gentleman that I am, said he could return it for a refund.
The plus side was he had filled it with petrol.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 04:52:42 pm »
 ;D

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »
When I looked to hire one a while ago I was told you lost 1 kwa ? So in actual fact a 6.5 is really a 5.5 or something like that.
Either way it is confusing.... I think to get 6.5 you need a 7.5 generator.