Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronaldo

Suppliers
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:39 pm »
Tosh,

Whats the point in having a forum if people cannot have there say and when there is any anything said regarding supplliers,andf them not carrying out there promises it gets deleted.

People are getting enough free advertising on this site so its only fair that they can be critisised if and only if needed, the threads being locked or erased is b######s mate. >:(
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Moderator David@stives

Re: Suppliers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 08:41:32 pm »
Ronaldo

I dont think it is not what you said, some people jumped on the bandwagon who have never had any dealings with the supplier, so in the end it turns into a one sided attack.

That particular post ended up being unfair.

I think Andrew answered you fair and square and he will rectify any problems you may have.

The post was reported to a moderator, who saw fit to delete it.

Dave

alansavvi

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:58:53 pm »
I have not read any of the threads but am i to understand that this forum does not want open discussion about suppliers?

Why?

Is that not the point, to discuss ones views however unsavoury they are?

Or are suppliers to be protected?

Moderators your answers please?

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:03:36 pm »
Why is the thread on ufindus.com left on, is it because its full of good advice for us all to see? ???

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 09:05:16 pm »
I have not read any of the threads but am i to understand that this forum does not want open discussion about suppliers?

Why?

Is that not the point, to discuss ones views however unsavoury they are?

Or are suppliers to be protected?

Moderators your answers please?

EXACTLY!!!!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:11 pm »
Caustic

One of the last replies got very abusive, so it is hard to comment if you did not see it.

There is nothing wrong with open debate about suppliers as long as it does not get out of hand and people stick to facts.

The suppliers are not protected at all, only in the way that individuals are, they deserve the same rights as anyone else.

If we constantly abuse suppliers such as the last post we will lose there words of wisdom and expertise.

I for one if i were a supplier would not tolerate unsubstantiated comments and abuse.

For everyones info, The post got out of hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thats it ,,,,,,,,,,Gone.

If i was moderating that post i would not no where to start and i would of deleted the entire post myself.

Dave

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:35 pm »
Ranaldo

This is what I am trying to say in my last post,some company complaints are left in, while others are deleted. a bit unfair in my mind.

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 09:21:35 pm »
tosh, this is your first big task, is it not good stuff this moderating  ;D

ronaldo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 09:28:35 pm »
Dont worry Jeff i no where your coming from.

Your not aloud to say anything thats not constructive about any of the wc equipment suppliers , as you are aware they are only to happy to take the money for there goods but not the critisism.

If i do a job and somebody critisises me i dont delete them i just put it right, and the fact is some of these dont.

Its a bit like scania trucks first class vehicle with poope aftersales if these are locked in future then the forum is not a forum its just an advertising board for the i cant take the crtisism brigade.

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:09:07 pm »

Communication, communication , communication thats what's it all about.

Unfortunately some suppliers do not have the skill in this. Even the big
  names in the business which I find surprising. Overall I have found most
  are interested in selling their goods but not customer service. It happens in
  all industry. The one that bugs me is white porky lies which you can spot a mile
  away. If you tell the truth then you will keep your customers happy.

In defence of suppliers they will always have problems, bad couriers, bad
  suppliers etc... I wouldn't be in their shoes.

One thing I would like to see on suppliers websites is their stock so you
  know if the product is available and not having to wait a couple of days.
  Also your product has been shipped with xxx courier with tracking number
  so you can see where your parts are in transit. This way you will always
  get a true picture.

I use 2 suppliers which I will not name and communication is always spot on and
  they will always listen to any advise. Suppliers who do not communicate I will
  always avoid, because they do not have these skills which will loose me money.

Just my thoughts.

Doug

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:11:17 pm »
spot on da,

Trevor Knight

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 10:21:54 pm »
Ronaldo,

I understand exactly what you are voicing and within reason agree with you.

However, the posting was getting vindictive and abusive and thats not what we are about. There may have been a breakdown in communication and yes it appears the time waited for parts was unaceptable.

Point taken, but thats where it should stop.

If you have a personal issue with a supplier it should remain personal and not aired over this forum as an open court for each party to get into a slanging match over.

We openly want and look for information regarding suppliers and need as potential customers to know about the company operation. Please , lets keep it this way and not get abusive.

On the positive side the suppliers also give us access to information that we can all learn from.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 10:33:44 pm »
I think that any supply company will receive critisizm, no matter who they are.  Who was it said you can keep some of the people happy for some of the time, but you can't blah blah blah!

They could be the best window cleaning suppliers in the world, and we could still have a gripe about them.  

But without a full and proper investigation and a subsequent decision by a court; we really wouldn't know whose in the wrong.

I'm not saying 'don't complain about equipment', I'm just saying that private complaints should be directed to the supplier and not broadcast here.

If the mods (and I took this line from Philip Hanson (ex mod) and Ian_Giles) don't take this line, then this forum could be one long whinge about suppliers.  Even the good ones have their problems; apparantly.

My advice is, if you have a complaint about a supplier - take it up with the supplier involved - then post the complaint here, but don't mention any company names, or any individual's names; just post your complaint and ask for advice what to do about it.

Regards,

Tosh.

PS.

The only thing I supply is a window cleaning service; so I'm being impartial here.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 10:43:26 pm »
Tosh,

Whats the point in having a forum if people cannot have there say and when there is any anything said regarding supplliers,andf them not carrying out there promises it gets deleted.

Hi Ronaldo,

Why don't you post your complaint about the supplier concerned, here, without mentioning any names or the company involved, or even start a new thread stating your problems.

I'm sure you'd not be the only person whose had problems with a supplier, so I'm sure you'd get some good advice on how to handle things.

I'm sure just about every member on this board has ordered stuff from an 'internet supplier'; so I'm sure your problem, what-ever it is, has been experienced before.

Regards,

Tosh

PS.  I'm sure I've used the word 'sure' too many times, but I'm sure I'm too tired to change all the 'sures', to other words, such as 'positive', etc.

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 10:47:39 pm »
sure lol

matt

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 10:51:23 pm »
a long time ago (whilst i was testing a theory a few had  ;D)

some1 told me, its a waste of time going against the "gang" (as i call them)

its true, it seems a fair few people in the "online window cleaning forums" think they are untouchable, i dont know if thats true, BUT 1 thing i know, is that if you say anything bad about 1 of them, its a waste of time, as the rest join in in the defence OR the post is just deleted

todays news is tomorrows chip-paper  ;)

ronaldo

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 10:56:18 pm »
Tosh if you look at the thread that got so kindly locked you will see that i never made a complaint about anybody i was just commenting on the subject that another member put forward. 

If you had read what i said you would have read that i couldnt be bothered to make a complaint as i wasnt even using the equipment that i had purchased from that particular supplier, and that i was commenting on what the other member had said.

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 11:08:58 pm »
i cant believe this all started with end caps for poles, if you all went here  www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk go to water fed pole  spares. end caps no probs,

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 11:18:31 pm »
i cant believe this all started with end caps for poles, if you all went here  www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk go to water fed pole  spares. end caps no probs,

Couldnt agree with you more jouk.

SWC_70

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 11:20:16 pm »
A faceless environment will always come riddled with liars, cheats and conmen. To proclaim that only you hold the key to determining the good from the bad would be considered omnipotent. Too many people in this artificial world are so anxious to claim the moral highground that their selfish pursuit tramples on those around them unfortunate enough to get in their way.

Who can you trust?

In this world, this artificial world, no-one.